Patient Account Follow-Up - Therapy Billing Services Source Medical Solutions
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Description
Recently ranked by Healthcare Informatics as one of the Top 100 Healthcare IT companies, SourceMedical provides outpatient information solutions and services for ambulatory surgery centers, surgical hospitals, practices, and rehabilitation clinics.
With a 20-year track record and more than 6,000 satisfied customers, SourceMedical is the trusted source for innovative applications, in-depth industry expertise and unsurpassed customer service. The company?s unique, end-to-end systems improve operational efficiency and cash flow while enabling healthcare facilities to capture, analyze and exchange data to deliver a higher standard of patient care. Check out our website at www.sourcemed.net to learn more about us.
SourceMedical is currently seeking an Account Follow-Up Representative for its Rome, GA location.
Summary of Position:
As an Account Follow-Up Representative, you will be a key member of the SourceMedical Billing Services team with the key responsibility of following up with Insurance providers and / or rebilling of accounts in a fair, timely and efficient manner and in compliance with SourceMedical corporate guidelines, HIPAA and Protected Health Information laws (PHI).
In this role, you will maximize all collection efforts while keeping clients? public relations in mind, assist patients as needed to resolve outstanding accounts, work specifically to improve the collection of past-due accounts and help develop effective systems to identify and collect on these accounts as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Receive, route or handle incoming telephone calls in a professional and courteous manner. Calls will be answered by third ring. Voice mail messages will be returned within two hours.
2. Work accounts as assigned from weekly work queue by making telephone calls to resolve outstanding accounts.
3. Analyze accounts and determine proper steps for follow-up based on SourceMedical collection procedures.
4. Insure that all accounts in work queue are reviewed and follow-up completed within 30 days of previous follow-up.
5. Review accounts receivable reports on a monthly basis and be prepared to provide updates to Patient Accounts Manager as needed or requested.
6. Maintain weekly and monthly collector logs to measure productivity.
7. Acquire necessary information from clinic offices or RMT to effectively bill or rebill and collect outstanding insurance claims (including notes, prescriptions, etc.).
8. Understand and perform billing office mailing responsibilities including notes, insurance claims, and patient statements. Research returned mail and update Rehab Toolkit with accurate mailing address.
9. Analyze accounts and notify payment posters of payment corrections.
10. As needed, bill secondary claims by electronic billing or hardcopy with necessary attachments. (EOB, Notes)
11. Document and respond to correspondence within one week of receipt.
12. Inform Director or HIPAA Security Office of any breach of Red Flag Rules, HIPAA law or any unauthorized release of Protected Health Information (PHI).
13. Document all collection efforts, within the RT billing system.
14. Recognize patterns in data entry errors and advise Team Leader, Billing Manager, Project Manager or Director so corrective steps may be taken.
15. Assist other collectors as needed or assigned.
16. Advise Team Leader or Patient Accounts Manager of payer trends, billing errors or industry changes which may affect billing or reimbursement.
17. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
--Previous experience in insurance, medical billing or collections.
--General knowledge of internet navigation and research, e-mail, fax transmissions and copy equipment.
--Must have a High school diploma or GED.
--Must be able to type minimum of 50WMP.
SourceMedical offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package and an opportunity for growth in an emerging company.
||Rome, GA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED