Patient Account Manager Source Medical Solutions
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Description
Recently ranked by Healthcare Informatics as one of the Top 100 Healthcare IT companies, SourceMedical provides outpatient information solutions and services for ambulatory surgery centers, surgical hospitals, practices, and rehabilitation clinics nationwide.
With a 20-year track record and more than 6,000 satisfied customers, SourceMedical is the trusted source for innovative applications, in-depth industry expertise and unsurpassed customer service. The company?s unique, end-to-end systems improve operational efficiency and cash flow while enabling healthcare facilities to capture, analyze and exchange data to deliver a higher standard of patient care. Check out our website at http://sourcemed.net/ to learn more about us.
SourceMedical is currently seeking a Patient Account Manager for its location in Rome, GA.
Summary of Position:
1. Oversee the day-to-day operations of the account follow up, collections and refunds processes.
2. Maximize collection productivity and accuracy by ensuring account follow up is done according to STB Collection Philosophies and standards.
3. Provide training and implementation of training tools thru in-service education for STB staff and STB clients.
4. Ensure that account follow-up and collection techniques meet laws, regulations and guidelines governing billing and collections in a health care facility.
5. Serve as resource for STB clients as needed and respond to common inquiries and complaints in a timely and efficient manner.
6. Maintain strong levels of motivation and leadership in the department effectively communicating and demonstrating high levels of urgency in the resolution of account balances.
7. This position will assist with performance evaluations for Team Members. Any disciplinary measures must be approved by VP, STB.
8. This position has various job duties listed below, but are not limited to the following:
1. Maintain RT Collector set-up and mapping. Insure workfiles are created weekly.
2. Maintain RT system files as assigned.
3. Maximize collection productivity by ensuring all accounts are worked according to STB collection philosophies.
4. Assist STB reps as needed to understand or analyze accounts.
5. Perform monthly account review to ensure appropriate and effective collection efforts are being used.
6. Make recommendations and provide direction to follow up reps to resolve outstanding claims.
7. Analyze monthly A/R aging reports and review with Account Follow Up Reps to determine areas of improvement and appropriate action plan.
8. Analyzes monthly aging reports and be prepared to discuss with STB VP, or STB clients if requested.
9. Analyze trends affecting A/R. Make recommendations for appropriate action to change policies or procedures.
10. Review refund request to determine if appropriate action has been taken.
11. Review credit balance report with refund clerk to insure appropriate action has been taken.
12. Understand and apply subrogation, coordination of benefits and primary insurance rules as related to overpayments.
13. Insure refunds are processed in accordance with STB and STB client?s policies and procedures.
14. Work with Credentialing Coordinator, Billing manager and Project Manager to maintain a working knowledge of and be able to train staff and implement changes on the following:
Medicare Regulations and guidelines
Workers Compensation laws and guidelines
Medicaid and all Medicaid related payer laws, rules and guidelines
Managed Care Contracts by Insurance Carrier, Clinic, Region, State or Client
Subrogation and Coordination of Benefits
15. Assist STB Follow-up Reps and payment posters in reviewing EOB?s for proper reimbursement.
16. Keep Director informed of any billing issues /problems related to billing operations that may affect reimbursement.
17. Prepare productivity reports for monthly reporting to VP-STB.
18. Communicates with patients, clients, STB staff and management both verbally and in writing to ensure questions and concerns are processed in a timely manner.
19. Ensure all patient and STB client request, inquiries and concerns are addresses in an appropriate and timely manner.
20. Conduct meetings and in-service training with Team members to ensure compliance with established practices, to implement new policies and to keep employees abreast of current changes and standards.
--Previous billing in a medical setting required. Must be familiar with Medical coding and CPT codes.
--Familiar with Microsoft applications including but not limited to Word and Excel. This role requires extensive computer use. General knowledge of internet navigation and research, e-mail, fax transmissions and copy equipment.
--Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, percentages and man-hours.
--Ability to complete/insure completion of multiple tasks in a timely, accurate manner.
--Able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
--Ability to interact with peers, and VP in problem solving and prioritize workload in a fast-paced office environment that supports multiple clients.
--High school graduate or GED. Previous Patient Account Follow up experience, prior leadership experience preferred.
--Travel is not required in this role.
||Rome, GA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED