Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
Tesla Motors is growing quickly and is currently seeking a payroll accountant. You should have a keen eye towards detail, be a collaborative solutions seeker and have an effective customer service approach. You will actively communicate with the Company's Accounting and HR department to coordinate the information flow of benefits and other employee-related matters. The role reports to the Payroll manager.
- Booking payroll and benefits entries in the accounting system.
- Book appropriate accruals for month end close and ensure all costs have been recorded in the correct period.
- Partner with accounting to ensure all accounting deadlines are being met and all transactions have been booked accurately.
- Partner with stock administration to ensure all stock and ESPP transactions are being recorded accurately in the payroll and the accounting system.
- Reconciling the payroll and benefits general ledger accounts on a monthly basis.
- Manage the general ledger pay codes in the payroll system.
- Reconciling payroll prior to transmission and validating confirmation reports.
- Ensuring timely and accurate processing of payroll.
- Reviewing data and import files from HR to ensure reasonableness and accuracy.
- Ensuring compliance of all SOX controls relating to payroll.
- Professionally and effectively responding to employee questions or queries
- Driving continuous improvements in policy, processes and system.
- Ad hoc policy, process and systems projects as needed
- 6-8 years of accounting and multi-state payroll processing experience
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Experience with ERP systems; SAP experience preferred.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred
- Experience with ADP (including PayEx and eTime) or similar payroll systems/vendors
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of payroll processes, systems and best practices
- MS Office and computer skills proficiency required
- Highly detail oriented
- Excellent writing skills, strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- High degree of professionalism and solid ability in delivering high quality customer service and establishing/maintaining effective and collaborative working relationships
- Strong organization and planning skills with the ability to manage and deliver multiple priorities in a fast-paced culture
- Excellent judgment, analytical and problem-solving , the ability to work independently and as a team player, and the ability to function in a highly confidential environment
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
|Location:||Deer Creek, OK |
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|