Payroll Administrator HealthHelp, Inc.
The Payroll Administrator reports to the Assistant Controller of HealthHelp, LLC to provide Payroll and
Payroll-related functions to 300+ employees consistent with Company Values while providing excellent
customer service and maintaining solid relationships with field personnel and vendors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer and ensure perfect accuracy, efficient, and timeliness of all payroll activities.
- Oversee the processing of 300+employee payroll through PayEx (ADP) system.
- Perform a variety of payroll and benefit analysis by auditing financial information noting fluctuations in
expense categories, cash processes and invoices processed.
- Ensure compliance with Company policies & procedures and all Federal, State and local payroll and
- Manage production of all requisite reports regarding wages and related information.
- Ensure proper payroll records? retention and file maintenance.
- Use informal means to gather information about employee perceptions of the work environment and
culture and to monitor the impact of new initiatives;
- Develop communication plans to support the implementation of new initiatives;
- Participate in the implementation/development of quality programs as it relates to payroll.
- Review and change processes as necessary to ensure proper end results. Investigates and
implements alternatives to ensure future needs are met.
- Maintain continuous awareness of the professional aspect of the payroll relationship between the
internal customers (employees) and the Company and ensure harmony is maintained through
constant concern for all payroll professionals' fellow employees. Proactive communication and
interaction with other departments to resolve issues affecting the payroll function.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality of payroll within the procedures of the Company.
- Develop and monitor the achievement of objectives in alignment with the Accounting Department
Objectives and Company Strategic Objectives.
- Serve as a key interface for Accounting and serve as a liaison between payroll and other
- Maintain honest and ethical conduct, including the ethical handling of actual or apparent conflicts of
interest between personal and professional relationships.
- Effectively communicate all aspects of payroll processes and related practices
- 3 to 5 years working in a payroll capacity
- ADP WorkForce, PayEx and QuickBooks General Ledger in particular.
- CPP or progress towards/desire to be a CPP
- Degreed with Payroll Experience: 2+ years of progressive experience
- Midsize Company Payroll Experience
- GAAP Knowledge preferred- Relating to payroll, wages, benefits, compensation, and tax accounting
- Knowledge of federal & state laws governing the taxation and reporting of wages, employee benefits
administration, taxation, and reporting requirements, and the laws governing garnishments, levies,
and other withholdings from wages
- MS Office Skills ? Excel in particular
- Ability to Travel up the 10%, to field locations as needed
- Ability to work the required overtime during critical periods, which include biweekly payroll and/or
other governmental filings.
Minimum Education and Skills:
- College Degree Required
- Problem solving skills
- Must exhibit good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent reading comprehension;
- Excellent organizational skills necessary to handle multiple tasks;
- Ability to work the required overtime during critical periods, which includes monthly, quarterly, and
year-end reporting, closing and related periodic governmental filings.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment
such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee
frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
As business needs dictate
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and
activities may change at any time with or without notice
HealthHelp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a
covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Houston, Texas, United States
||Houston, TX |