Payroll Specialist SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Finance | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based space technology company founded by its residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk, the former co-founder of PayPal. The company's goal is to renew a sense of excellence in the space industry by disrupting the current paradigm of complacency and replacing it with innovation and commercialized price points; laying the foundation for a truly space-faring human civilization.
SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. In-house development includes nearly all flight critical custom components amounting to approximately 85% of our vehicles both by mass and by value. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology opportunities seen by any organization.
Our success is driven by a wide variety of engineering perspectives and openness to all great ideas. We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced engineering ecosystem focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering.
We build it, test it, and fly it.
SpaceX is revolutionizing access to space by developing a family of launch vehicles and spacecraft intended to increase the reliability and reduce the cost of both manned and unmanned space transportation, ultimately by a factor of ten. Our current product line includes the Falcon 1 and Falcon 9 launch vehicle as well as our Dragon Space capsule.
We are seeking a Payroll Specialist to work in the company's Payroll department. The candidate will interface with employees and other departments on a daily basis.
We are a lean organization therefore you need to be able to work in a cross functional and collaborative environment. Communications skills are paramount.
Our selected candidate should be analytical, pragmatic, and solutions oriented.
- Accurate, efficient and timely completion of all assigned payrolls including all regular payroll cycles and special payroll runs, ensuring compliance with state and federal laws, policies and regulations
- Administer, update and troubleshoot issues with the ADP ezLaborManager timekeeping system. Provide system training to managers, supervisors and employees
- Prepares and maintains payroll records, reports and files.
- Reviews and analyzes payroll reports for accuracy and directs necessary adjustments or corrections.
- Handles the research, analysis and resolution of tax issues from the IRS, states or local tax jurisdictions.
- Maintains and updates payroll and deduction schedule
- Responds to business data needs creating Ad Hoc reports or participates in formal report creation as needed.
- Responsible for following defined audit procedures and recommending changes to ensure process integrity and wage and tax reporting accuracy.
- Assists in developing and maintaining payroll process documentation to ensure business process continuity.
- 4-year college degree in Business, Accounting or related field preferred
- 3-5 years professional-level payroll experience in a multi-state environment
- Knowledge of payroll, employment and income tax laws, regulations and operating guidelines
- Knowledge of pre-tax and post-tax payroll deductions
- Knowledge of prioritization and regulatory compliance of processing creditor garnishments, child support, administrative wage garnishments, and tax levies (state and federal) required.
- Ability to communicate effectively to all employees regarding payroll issues resolution.
- Ability to organize information to avoid missing details
- Ability to work in a high volume area
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Software including Word, Outlook, Excel (advanced)
- Experience with ADP and/or Ultimate software products
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, SpaceX hires only U.S. citizens and U.S. Permanent Residents.
SpaceX is an equal opportunity employer that offers competitive pay, comprehensive benefits and stock options. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED