Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
- Partnering with HR, Legal, Stock administration and Accounting in ensuring all payroll activities are processed timely and accurately.
- Effectively managing and developing a team of payroll professionals.
- Managing and maintaining the company's time and attendance records and processes while executing on established payroll controls/protocols and ensuring a proper interface with the company's payroll provider.
- Ensuring the efficient, timely and accurate entry of employee/payroll data and its ongoing maintenance.
- Reviewing and reconciling payroll prior to transmission and validating confirmation reports.
- Reviewing data and import files from HR to ensure reasonableness and accuracy.
- Working with international payroll providers for the timely and accurate processing of international payrolls.
- Understanding and appropriately treating the taxation of employer paid benefits.
- Ensuring proper processing and withholding of garnishment calculations and compliance.
- Booking all month end payroll and benefit entries and reconciling all payroll and benefits accounts in SAP.
- Ensuring compliance of all SOX controls relating to payroll.
- Staying current on regulatory, legal and other payroll developments to foresee and/or address potential payroll issues.
- Professionally and effectively responding to employee questions or queries.
- Driving continuous improvements in policy, processes and systems.
- 8-10 years multi-state payroll processing and management experience (experience with foreign payroll processing a plus).
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred.
- Experience with ADP (including PayEx and eTime) or similar payroll systems/vendors.
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of payroll and benefits processes, systems and best practices.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations.
- MS Office and computer skills proficiency required.
- Highly detail oriented.
- Excellent writing skills, strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- High degree of professionalism and solid ability in delivering high quality customer service and establishing/maintaining effective and collaborative working relationships.
- Strong organization and planning skills with the ability to manage and deliver multiple priorities in a fast-paced culture.
- Excellent judgment, analytical and problem-solving.
- Able to work independently and as a team player.
- Functions in a highly confidential environment.
- Strong project and people management skills.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.