PCB Design Engineer SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
PCB Design Engineer
Avionics - Hardware Development | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
Required Skills and Experience:
- PCB Design for digital and digital to analog interfaces for a software defined radio
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering or similar area of study with a strong understanding of electronics fundamentals
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with PCB layout and routing including modern passive and active electronics components, and surface-mount and ball-grid array components
- Candidates must have previous PCB design experience involving RF and High Speed Digital Systems
- Demonstrated understanding of Design for Manufacturability, Design for Assembly, and Design for Testability
- Ideal candidates will have a mix of both MIL-STD and commercial components
- Experience with ECAD libraries and library configuration management
- Experience monitoring industry-wide parts alert databases (GIDEP)
- Experience with automated PCBA inspection
- Familiarity with IPC standards and guidelines
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively with others
- Passion for advancing the commercial space industry and human spaceflight
- Strong work ethic and drive to succeed balanced with the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomously driven, and demanding start-up atmosphere
- Experience with Altium Designer strongly preferred
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED