Performance Architect Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Performance at Guidewire is not about running one big test at the end of project. Guidewire employs agile techniques that identify performance problems early in the project and allow us to scale our systems to meet the needs of the largest insurance carriers. Join our team for an opportunity to use your strong technical background and excellent analysis skills to meet these kinds of challenges.
Guidewire Software is seeking consultants to join our growing performance management practice. While duties do include designing, executing and analyzing performance test data, the role extends far beyond traditional testing and focuses on Agile approaches for managing performance issues throughout the project lifecycle. While familiarity with tradition performance tools is a plus, a deep technical knowledge providing the ability to understand and resolve performance issues is more critical.
This is a senior position which requires the individual to work independently when delivering services and requires excellent client consulting and communication skills.
Required Technical Expertise/Requirements:
- Master Guidewire's Agile performance approaches which includes both tools and processes that help model and predict system performance.
- Lead Guidewire's client through the development of a complete performance strategy which incorporates approaches for monitoring, testing and tuning performance.
- Develop a thorough understanding of Guidewire's product platform including all integration technologies.
Desirable Technical Skills:
- Complete understanding of both infrastructure and enterprise technical architecture with the ability to identify typical performance issues and bottlenecks.
- Programming skills which include experience with Java and SQL.
- Experience identifying and resolving SQL performance issues.
- Familiarity with system profiling tools.
- Familiarity with appropriate approaches for building simulators for system integrations.
- Hands on experience with inter application integration including queues and web services.
Require Functional Skills:
- Familiarity with the design and execution of performance tests.
- Direct experience with any performance testing tool such as HP Loadrunner or JMeter.
- Direct experience with data generation tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Consulting & Leadership Skills - Ability to adapt to various work settings and serve in an advisory/leadership role
- Ability to handle technical leadership tasks (Solution Design, Estimating)
- Willingness and ability to travel 80%
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services