Performance Chef- Baseball Athletes' Performance
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Description
Performance Chef with baseball focus- APAZ
Athletes? Performance Mission
To provide the finest performance methods, specialists and facilities seamlessly integrated to efficiently and ethically enhance our athletes? performance.
1. Uphold the Athletes? Performance Mission Statement, Objectives, and all future direction set forth by the APAZ management.
2. Abide by all policies and procedures set forth in the Athletes? Performance Policies and Procedures Manual.
3. Continually strive to improve your, and all fellow staff members, knowledge and performance to best help the athlet.
4. Demonstrate the qualities: Character, Integrity, Loyalty, Benevolence, Dedication, Passion, Compassion, Forgiveness, Desire, Professionalism and Teamwork.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To be the Head Performance Chef for the LA Dodgers during regular and post-season for all home stands. March - October.
When not with the LA Dodgers will fill the rest of the year at Athletes? Performance, Phoenix, AZ. November ? mid-March.
Will create breakfast, lunch and dinner menus and have kitchen that follow the 80/20 (80% of the time eat clean, often, recover and hydrate) approach to nourishing and recovering the body for optimal performance.
Will work with the performance nutritionist on healthy snack options for each body composition category
Weekly menus will be created to increase variety
Will conduct regular recipe analysis to make sure all meals meet healthy nutritional requirements
Will work closely with the performance nutritionist to provides nutritious meals to those athletes that have food allergies and/or sensitivities
Other duties & responsibilities
Create systems with the Performance Nutritionist so that players who need more guidance from a serving size perspective will be able to easily build their perfect plate.
Chef will be in charge of ordering food and supplies
Will adhere to sanitation guidelines
Will be ServSafe certified and obtain any other certification as deemed necessary by the state, city or county
Will make sure the kitchen is in optimal functioning order by working with the appropriate Dodger staff
Will create an appropriate flow in the kitchen to help support best choices of the athletes
Chef will be responsible for the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen
Chef will work with appropriate Dodger personnel on budget for all meals and snacks
Chef will be responsible for organizing his/her time during off days to do required grocery shopping and prep for the homestand.
Will work closely with the Club house managers and develop a relationship to make sure we are providing similar messages and are ?One Team?
Will be knowledgeable of food sensitivities and allergies
Chef will be responsible for timely start of meal times to be determine between Dodgr staff and Chef. Example ? hours are arbitrary and will be determine between staff:
7-9:30 am Prep, cook breakfast, serve, clean-up
9:30 ? 12:30 pm Prep, cook lunch, serve, clean-up
12:30 ? 6 pm, prep, cook dinner, serve, clean-up
Other food stations will be set up per Dodger staff and performance nutritionist
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
-Bachelor?s degree in culinary nutrition, culinary arts or similar
ServSafe Certification a must
- Excellent customer service a must
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently.
- Ability to be creative with menus that are rotated to maintain variety
- Excellent time management, organizational, and record-keeping skills.
- Ability to complete nutrient analysis on all menu items
- Competence in Microsoft office
- Compliance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
- Strong understanding and implementation of food service quality and safety procedures.
||Los Angeles, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED