Performance Engineer - Cloud Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
We, the team that builds applications on top of Splunk Cloud platform, are looking for an experienced performance test engineer. Successful candidate may be involved in projects in some or all of the following areas: Enterprise Security, Database monitoring, PCI Compliance, Web Intelligence, etc. This role is crucial to the success of our team and entire company.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Perform performance/scalability testing on our applications
- Define, design, and implement benchmarks to generate metrics giving guidance to field engineers and customers on how to properly deploy and configure our products
- Isolate performance bottlenecks in the cloud architecture
Find and report performance related code defects and design issues
- 5+ years industry experience
- Ability to learn fast (most likely your primary tool will be Splunk itself)
- Ability to solve problems without much supervision/guidance
- Skilled in both the art and science of benchmark creation and measurement and modeling of system behavior under load
- Ability to find performance bottlenecks and their root causes
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Expert in Linux OS
- Good at Python
Education: Got it!
- Professional experience in software development or development in test
- Knowledge of Amazon AWS stack
- Experience with load testing tools and designing for high availability and scale
- Professional experience in software/web startup companies as well as in big-company product development or IT environments
- Strong Science background: either CS or Math, Physics or similar
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, or equivalent
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 5,000 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 700 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED