Photo Acquisitions Editor Craftsy
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Company Overview:
Craftsy.com (powered by Sympoz) is a Denver-based start-up at the intersection of online education, social communities, and e-commerce. We produce in-depth video-based classes in quilting, sewing, knitting, cake decorating, and more. The Craftsy platform enables passionate crafters around the world to learn from expert instructors anywhere, any time and to easily interact with instructors and classmates as they do. Learn it, make it, and even share it on Craftsy.com, by posting projects for inspiration and feedback or selling in our free-to-list indie patterns marketplace. Just over two years old, with 100+ classes and over one million users, Craftsy is already a leader in the social crafting space and there?s so much more to come!
Sympoz was founded in May 2010 by an experienced executive team from eBay, Yahoo, and ServiceMagic. The leadership is strong, and supports every employee in building and moving the company forward each day. We learn on the fly, and respond quickly to user feedback and ideas. The office is fast-paced and fluid, with the long hours start-ups are known for. But we like to have fun, too: like any good start-up, there are video games, rock concerts, paintball, and bottomless snacks.
A fast-growing online education start-up is looking for a passionate, experienced editor to build our emerging online photography curriculum. A successful candidate is versatile, with a demonstrated ability to build relationships, develop curriculum, edit copy, and spot emerging opportunities as they arise. S/he will have the drive, creativity, and connections to map and execute a new strategy for photography education.
- Provide thought-leadership and expertise in the photography category
- Identify, attract, and acquire highly skilled instructors who will produce blockbuster photography courses
- Develop curriculum along with instructors that is compelling, relevant, and desired by our target audience.
- Formulate content strategies that are appropriate for our video-based content medium
- Define in great detail the content of each course for use throughout the production process
- Work closely with the broader production team to vet course proposals, review video footage, write course materials, and onboard instructors
- Collaborate with the production crew, motion graphics, and marketing teams on all materials needed to produce and launch each course
- Conduct ongoing outreach to our user base to evaluate current courses and inform the direction of future content
- Serve as an ambassador for the Craftsy platform at trade shows and conferences
- A minimum of five years of experience editing, creating and/or curating photography education or content. Substantive publishing (book/magazine) or photography curricular development experience welcomed and encouraged
- A defined editorial point of view and vision for a new content structure which resembles an instructor-focused, process-driven video e-book
- Outstanding writing and editing skills across content formats (e.g. course materials and video footage)
- Analytical expertise to support our data-driven approach to curriculum development
- Strong communication skills and the ability to provide clear editorial direction for visual, aural and written materials
- Managerial experience and the drive to meet curriculum development milestones
- The capacity to operate in a faced-paced, ever-changing start-up environment
- Keen understanding of market segmentation, forces and opportunities in this category
- The willingness and ability to become our external spokesperson in this arena: serving on panels; recruiting instructors; attending trade shows and networking
- The ability to program content for several distinct audiences
||Denver, CO |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED