Photo Editor (Temp) Demand Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Photo Editor (Temp)
Creative | Santa Monica, CA, United States
- Research and curate stock photography while meeting deadlines in scheduled timeframes.
- Work closely with internal and external publishers to create slide shows following different editorial calendars. This includes meeting with other editors to decide on story angles, selecting photos, and replacing images.
- Complete all tasks as assigned by the Photo Director and Editorial staff.
- Provide critical feedback to photographers on custom editorial assignments.
- Evaluating and pricing articles for original photography assignments.
- Edit compelling and fresh articles to ensure quality, style and voice remain consistent across various properties
- Managing premium image collection with departmental photo leads.
- Work extensively with content management systems and interactive tools
- Understand key wording best practices to edit and create valuable online content.
- Two years' experience working in photography, specifically researching, selecting and curating stock images.
- Expert knowledge of relevant software (Photoshop, Bridge, Excel, Word).
- Experience in an editorial environment, with strong research, editing and background.
- Experience working with freelancers and photographers, making assignments and providing feedback.
- Ability to successfully juggle several projects simultaneously while working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Efficiency, accuracy, strong organizational skills, dependability and a keen eye for detail and quality.
- Understanding of journalism and how it fits into the evolving paradigms of the Web.
- Proven experience working with a content management system.
- Experience in interactive media or digital publishing preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience collaborating in a team environment.
- Bachelor's degree in photography, visual arts or related field.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Santa Monica, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED