Epocrates is looking for a Medical Information Physician Editor who will develop, optimize, and edit electronic content relied upon by clinicians at the point of care.
Strong broad-based clinical skills, understanding of evidence-based medicine, and awareness of emerging medical advances will serve this candidate in selecting and shaping content to support physicians in caring for patients.
An MD degree with a current medical license and minimum of 5 years of clinical experience is required. Strong editorial, written and verbal communication skills are required. Medical technology assessment experience; medical literature review; and facility with handheld and web-based technology, including electronic medical records, are valuable assets. Intermediate/advanced skill with industry-standard word processing and spreadsheet applications required. Previous demonstrated success in medical publishing for electronic or print media is highly desirable. Strong detail focus and superb time-management skills are requisite.
This role requires significant interaction with editorial and production teams. The position is full-time on site at the San Mateo headquarters; no exceptions will be considered.
- Develops, edits, or reviews clinical content and content development processes for the broad array of Epocrates clinical references and point-of-care applications (80%)
- Contributes to product development efforts, which may include collaborating with other Epocrates groups such as marketing, product development, and engineering. Responsibilities include serving as a liaison between Medical Information and other groups, and assisting with QA of products (10%)
- Works with other members of Medical Information on content projects for various products, including review of Epocrates Rx drug information (10%).
- Broad and comprehensive clinical knowledge base, and ability to discern clinically relevant information from extraneous information
- Ability to work independently, exercising good clinical and analytic judgment
- Ability to produce accurate, neat, thorough, and consistent content
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities and projects simultaneously
- Ability to meet deadlines and productivity goals
- Contributes to positive working relationships and collaborative teamwork
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- Ability to learn and master new processes
- Working knowledge and experience applying clinical reference terminologies and coding schemes (SNOMED, RxNorm, LOINC, ICD9, CPT) desirable
- Proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and medical literature searching
- Working knowledge of mobile technologies.
- Medical school: MD degree
- Professional licensure: Valid state medical license
- Work Experience: Academic, medical/scientific publication, or healthcare technology experience required
- Post-graduate training: Completed residency in an accredited program preferred
- Certification: Board certification in respective specialty preferred
- Clinical Experience: 5 years minimum of clinical practice experience.
|Location:||San Mateo, CA |
|Headquarters:||1100 Park Place|
San Mateo, CA 94403