PLATFORM - Engineering Manager - Core Server Workday, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Title: Software Engineering Manager
Location:Â Pleasanton, CA
Workday is the leader in software-as-a-service (SaaS) for enterprise business applications. Founded by PeopleSoft veterans Dave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri, Workday delivers Human Capital Management, Payroll, Financial Management and Worker Spend Management solutions for midsize and Fortune 500 companies. Our solutions combine the lower cost of ownership of SaaS with a modern approach to applications. We have top-notch development talent, experienced management, cool technology, and explosively growing customer base. All this and more make it a really great place to work!
Are you passionate about building and leading talented engineering teams? Do you believe that SaaS is the future for ERP applications? Does leading edge technology rock your world? Do you thrive in a fast paced environment? Workday has immediate openings in Core Technology for experienced development managers. The Core Technology team is responsible for developing and extending Workday's proprietary toolset, which is used to rapidly develop world class SaaS based business applications.
- Lead a team of dynamic software developers to build and maintain core platform that supports application development in SaaS environment. Provide overall direction and guidance to the team.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and support to the direct report staff in both technical and non-technical issues. Ensure high productivity of the team members. Provide support for their career growth and personal development.
- Plan releases and schedule development. Provide estimates and initial assessment for proposed development tasks. Track and report progress of the project against key milestones. Balance resources with task assignments. Ensure on-time and high quality delivery of the project.
- Keep feature stakeholders updated throughout the development cycle. Provide liaison with relevant parties, including product management, QA, other development teams, production, product support, etc., to facilitate the release process. Manage development related customer escalation when needed.
- Contribute to process improvement within development organization. Institute and adopt best engineering practices.
- Passionate about software development and building strong engineering team. Ability to motivate and inspire the team.
- 8+ years experience in commercial enterprise software development. 3+ years experience in leading a software development team. 5+ years OO software design and development experience.
- Strong organizational skills. Experience in planning and execution of software development project. Exposure to agile development methodologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to mentor developers. Good at recruiting and team building.
- BS in Computer Science or related fields.
- Strong technical knowledge in software development. Knowledge in Object Oriented runtime system and metadata driven declarative development environment is a strong plus.
- Experience in SaaS environment and exposure to big data project is a plus.
- Experience in fast paced startup environment is a plus.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Workday experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our Development "Show and Tell" happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a work day.
> 50M RaisedInvestors: Greylock Partners All Jobs: at Workday, Inc.
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Support Workday, Inc. with Social Media services