PLATFORM - Senior Java Engineer - Business Intelligence/ Analytics - Workday, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Title:Â Sr. Java Engineer - BI/Analytics
Location:Â Pleasanton, CA
Are you a hardcore software engineer who has built major infrastructure and tools, especially with previous experience in building Business Intelligence infrastructure? We have immediate openings for senior engineers to design and develop our next generation BI infrastructure consistent with our metadata driven application development framework. Curious, and can cover the requirements below?Â Give us a shout!
- Passionate about software development.
- Must have a disciplined, methodical, minimalist approach to designing and constructing layered software components that can be embedded within larger frameworks or applications.
- 10+ years experience in Object Oriented Design and Programming, fluent in Java, proficient in applying common design patterns, ability to communicate design ideas effectively using UML.
- Knowledge of security/access control, scalability, high availability, concurrency, online diagnoses, deployment, upgrade/migration, internationalization, production support and other SaaS enterprise software issues.
- Proficient in major development tools and processes, such as source control, requirement spec, design and design review, unit test, system test, performance test, etc.
- Experience in designing and building Business Intelligence infrastructure and tools a strong plus. Knowledge of in-memory OLAP, and other advanced analytics methods, such as data mining, neural network, predicative analytics a plus.
- Proven ability to take leadership role in projects that span multiple teams, ability to deliver on time working in a fast paced agile environment, ability to work with product managers to clarify and prune requirements, strong verbal and written communication.
- BS in Computer Science or related fields. Graduate degree preferred.
- Work with Product Management to analyze the market place, competition and technology trends. Collaborate with management to prioritize and set direction of overall development efforts. Gather all requirements to formulate appropriate architecture required to provide system functionality ensuring high performance and strong user experience.
- Support the release planning by understanding the details (effort, risk, priority) of the planned features. Develop estimates and task dependencies. Support the management in coordinating actions with extended product teams including tools development, application development, product management, QA, service/consulting, customer/production support, documentation/training and sales demo.
- Collaborate with peers on technical design, work estimation and implementation of new features.
- Keep on top of task and bug management system for assigned issues each sprint as well as estimating and assessing priority.
- Perform peer code reviews as part of everyday workflow.
- Contribute ideas for continually improving the teamâs productivity, job enjoyment, and code quality.
- Research new technology and development tools in our space to remain abreast of current and emerging technology. Propose and execute on mini-research/prototype projects that introduce an innovative solution to new or existing problem.
- Be an evangelist of our technologies and products. Communicate cross multiple teams to show case new features and functionalities.
- Actively mentor junior developers to develop their technical expertise
- Have fun engineering software.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Workday experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our Development "Show and Tell" happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a work day.
> 50M RaisedInvestors: Greylock Partners All Jobs: at Workday, Inc.
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Support Workday, Inc. with Social Media services