PLATFORM - Senior Java Engineer - Deployment- Workday, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Title: Senior Java Engineer - Deployment
Location: Pleasanton, CA
- Must have a disciplined, methodical, minimalist approach to designing and constructing layered software components that can be embedded within larger frameworks or applications.
- 5+ years experience in Object Oriented Design and Programming, fluent in Java, proficient in applying common design patterns, ability to communicate design ideas effectively using UML.
- Knowledge of security/access control, scalability, high availability, concurrency, online diagnoses, deployment, upgrade/migration, internationalization, production support and other SaaS enterprise software issues.
- Proficient in major development tools and processes, such as source control, requirement spec, design and design review, unit test, system test, performance test, etc.
- Proven ability to take leadership role in projects that span multiple teams, ability to deliver on time working in a fast paced agile environment, ability to work with product managers to clarify and prune requirements, strong verbal and written communication.
- BS in Computer Science or related fields. Graduate degree preferred.
- Work with Product Management to analyze the market place, competition and technology trends. Collaborate with management to prioritize and set direction of overall development efforts. Gather all requirements to formulate appropriate architecture required to provide system functionality ensuring high performance and strong user experience.
- Support the release planning by understanding the details (effort, risk, priority) of the planned features. Develop estimates and task dependencies. Support the management in coordinating actions with extended product teams including tools development, application development, product management, QA, service/consulting, customer/production support, documentation/training and sales demo.
- Collaborate with peers on technical design, work estimation and implementation of new features.
Keep on top of task and bug management system for assigned issues each sprint as well as estimating and assessing priority.
- Perform peer code reviews as part of everyday workflow.
Contribute ideas for continually improving the teamâs productivity, job enjoyment, and code quality.
- Research new technology and development tools in our space to remain abreast of current and emerging technology. Propose and execute on mini-research/prototype projects that introduce an innovative solution to new or existing problem.
- Be an evangelist of our technologies and products. Communicate cross multiple teams to show case new features and functionalities.
- Actively mentor junior developers to develop their technical expertise
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Workday experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our Development "Show and Tell" happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a work day.
> 50M RaisedInvestors: Greylock Partners
, NEA All Jobs: at Workday, Inc.
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Support Workday, Inc. with Social Media services