Platform - Senior Server Engineer Workday, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
We have immediate openings for engineers to design and develop our next generation server responsible for mapping data retrieved from our proprietary metadata storage technology into a usable and elegant application infrastructure.Â Because our system is metadata driven, server engineers are completely focused on building a high performing infrastructure leaving the application business logic in the capable hands of application developers.Â Curious, and can cover the requirements below?Â Give us a shout!
- Work closely with Product Management to define new application framework features insuring a high performing and ultra-usable user experience.
- Collaborate with peers on technical design, work estimation and implementation of new features including interfaces/contracts with storage system, data transformation and handoff to front end technology.
- Keep on top of task and bug management system for assigned issues each sprint as well as estimating and assessing priority.
- Prepare for sprint planning by understanding the details (effort, risk, priority) of remaining work committed for an update.
- Perform peer code reviews as part of everyday workflow.
- Contribute ideas for continually improving the teamâs productivity, job enjoyment, and code quality.
- Have fun engineering software.
- 7+ years experience in Object Oriented Design and Programming
- Java, XML, Spring are required.
- Utilizing JUnit, or JMock
- Solid grasp and fluent in common Design Patterns
- Must have a disciplined, methodical, minimalist approach to designing and constructing layered software components that can be embedded within larger frameworks or applications.
- Proven ability to take leadership role in projects that span multiple teams.
- Ability to deliver on time working in a fast paced agile environment.
- Ability to work with product managers to clarify and prune requirements.
- Bachelors Degree or higher.Â Computer Science/Engineering major is preferable.
Preference for employees to be based in PLE or SF offices, however open to flexible telecommute schedule, with occasional travel to/working at corp offices.Â BART Accessible.
||Santa Clara, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Workday experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our Development "Show and Tell" happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a work day.
> 50M RaisedInvestors: Greylock Partners
, NEA All Jobs: at Workday, Inc.
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Support Workday, Inc. with Social Media services