Platform - Senior Server Engineer - Search and Query Workday, Inc.
The Server Platform team develops code at the very heart of Workdayâs ERP system. As a member of this team you'll work with exceptionally innovative and experienced engineers that have built highly robust, high performance and scalable services that lie at the heart of Workdayâs technology stack. This position requires passion, courage, tenacity, imagination and a willingness to see beyond what is ordinarily possible. In this position youâll find your knowledge, experience and talents fully taxed and then some. Joining this team will allow you to develop deep technical strengths in building the foundations of a SAAS platform and hone your engineering skills to take on the most difficult of software engineering problems.
- Truly exceptional object-oriented programming and debugging skills in Java
- A keen eye for good architecture and the ability to develop new architectures and frameworks
- A deep understanding of highly scalable high performance architectures with focus on scaling horizontally rather than vertically
- Four or more years of experience in SOA solution architecture and implementation
- Expert knowledgeÂ in file systems, concurrency, multithreading, server architectures, and distributed systems
- Able to thrive in a fast paced, high energy and fun work environment that is agile and deliver value incrementally and frequently
- A BS degree in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years software development experience
- Collaborate with management to prioritize and set direction of overall development efforts. Gather all requirements to formulate appropriate architecture required to provide system functionality ensuring high performance and strong user experience.
- Collaborate with peers on technical design, work estimation and implementation of new features.
- Perform peer code reviews as part of everyday workflow.
- Contribute ideas for continually improving the teamâs productivity, job enjoyment, and code quality.
- Have fun engineering software.
- Research new technology and development tools in our space to remain abreast of current and emerging technology. Propose and execute on mini-research/prototype projects that introduce an innovative solution to new or existing problem.
||Pleasanton, CA |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
The Workday experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our Development "Show and Tell" happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a work day.
> 50M RaisedInvestors: Greylock Partners
, NEA All Jobs: at Workday, Inc.
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Support Workday, Inc. with Social Media services