Polymer Scientist SiPix
Position Type: Full-time
Location: Fremont, CA USA
As a polymer scientist and a technical group leader, you will join our research and development facility to develop new products using a proprietary Electronic Paper display technology. A whole new class of applications is being developed around these displays that are just entering the market such as credit card displays, electronic tickets, ultra long battery life mobile devices, electronic retail signage, and electronic books. You will work on the leading edge of this new application space together with a group of scientists and engineers from different scientific disciplines.
Your job will be to formulate polymer thin coatings, advanced optical coatings, adhesives, and dielectric thin layers, develop un-conventional coating/printing processes, develop physical/chemical characterization methods, understand coating defects and correlate the material properties, coating properties with the display performances. You will need to digest complex data and perform root cause analysis to draw conclusion, be able to verify the conclusion and demonstrate repeatability. Fundamental understanding of structure and property relationship will be highly desirable for prediction of coating performance through new proprietary roll-to-roll processes. You will also facilitate the transfer of new formulations and new coating processes to roll-to-roll manufacturing, firefight any material/process issues. The job function requires close collaboration throughout different groups. You will also need to apply statistical methodologies such as design of experiment and six sigma lean operation tools. Hand-on wet coating experience is a must.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, need to regularly summarize project progress and give technical presentations to RD groups
- High energy and a self-driven attitude. Candidate must be self motivated, goal-oriented, creative, and able to balance multiple tasks
- Team player, have general breadth and potential for interdisciplinary work
- Ability to thrive in a deadline driven environment without compromising personal integrity
- MS or Ph.D. in polymer science or chemical engineer
- Knowledge of polymer chemistry, polymer physics, interfacial chemistry/physics, web coating processes, coating formulations (thermo cure or UV cure), coating characterizations
- 2-5 years work experience for Ph.D., 5+ years for MS
-Six sigma green belt certification desirable
||47485 Seabridge Drive |
Fremont, CA 94538