Area Sales Manager- VA Vocera Communications
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Area Sales Manager (ASM) is responsible for identifying new customer sales opportunities in the Department of Veterans Affairs, developing sales pipeline, managing the sales cycle and achieving new customer booking goals. The ASM is also responsible for expanding Vocera within the existing customer base and achieving their expansion booking goal.
The ASM will lead a cross-functional sales team that will diagnose the customer's business problem(s) and articulate the Vocera value proposition to the appropriate stakeholders throughout all stages of the sales process. In addition, the ASM will be responsible for developing account plans to further penetrate and extend the reach of the Vocera as an enterprise-wide solution within the assigned base of existing customers.
The ASM will develop executive relationships as well as all other key stakeholders influencing with key decision-makers and influencers and leverage these during the sales process. Coordinate with appropriate internal and external groups to generate and close business opportunities. The ASM will coordinate with Vocera's Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business partners for contracting and bringing to closure all business transactions.
- Identifies, qualifies and close new customer sales opportunities to generate sales revenues that meet or exceed assigned goals
- Develops strategic account plans for customer in their assigned territory
- Conducts introductory and high-level presentations including the demonstration of Vocera solution
- Dedicates the preponderance of time in face-to-face and/or direct communication with customers and prospects
- Forecasts business and sales pipeline as required, updating management on the status of all prospects, in-process sales cycles and potential revenue
- Conducts continuous prospecting activities and build a sales pipeline sufficient to support achievement of sales revenue goals
- Leads the sales team through focused planning and communication through the successful execution of the sales cycle
- Delivers timely technical and administrative product and solution information to create long-term, on-going business relationships and set the stage for future opportunities
- Identifies and qualifies end-user opportunities
Education, Skills & Experience
- BA/BS degree; advanced degree a plus but not required
- Eight to ten years of direct health care sales experience in technology, software (clinical systems or other business applications), services, medical devices, or wireless communications (mandatory)
- Experience selling in the federal healthcare sector especially the VA and DoD; working knowledge of VA , a plus
- Basic understanding of the wireless Information Assurance and security requirements of the VA
- Proven track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding sales quotas
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing complex sales cycles typically defined as six months or longer with multiple stakeholders, decision-makers and influencers at multiple levels
- Experience (basic or advanced) with Salesforce.com, and virtual meeting and presentation tools like WebEx, LiveMeeting, etc.
- Disciplined use of a formalized sales methodology; e.g., The Complex Sale, Target Account Selling, Power-Base Selling, etc., for opportunity planning and management
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills especially in the ability to present concepts and articulate business value
- Display effective interpersonal skills sufficient to build positive, productive, and effective professional working relationships, not limited to but with strong importance toward a consistent message and focus delivered to the overall Healthcare Systems' Corporate and Facility-level involvement
- Display a sense of creativity and innovation, with integrity and respect for others
Belief in Diversity
Vocera Communications is an Affirmative Action Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
||Washington, DC |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED