Hospitality Sales Director Vocera Communications
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Hospitality Sales Director is the primary sales executive for Vocera responsible for qualifying sales opportunities, developing sales pipeline, managing the sales cycle and achieving booking and revenue goals, assisting with the development and execution of the company's strategies for acquiring net-new customers within the hospitality market. Special focus will be applied to specific hotel brands with whom Vocera has pre-existing installations or pilot programs with a goal of entrenching Vocera as a standard/approved technology within those brands.
The HSD will develop executive relationships with all key stakeholders, influencing with key decision-makers and influencers at the hospitality brand, ownership and local level. The HSD will leverage these relationships to identify sales opportunities, and during the sales process utilize relationships with brand level decision makers, to help close business at individual properties.
The HSD leads Vocera in developing the proper network of relationships/partnerships within the hospitality ecosystem including HSIA, wireless technology, and complementary software vendors to facilitate adoption of Vocera in the industry.
- Identifies, qualifies, and closes sales opportunities to generate sales revenues that meet or exceed assigned goals
- Develops strategic account plans for assigned hotel brands/ownership groups
- Takes a top down (corporate level) and bottoms up (individual hotel level) approach to developing sales opportunities within brands
- Engage with corporate level IT teams to approve Vocera as one of their preferred solutions or brand standards.
- Works with key hotel ownership groups to establish and expand Vocera penetration within their hotel real estate portfolio.
- Prospects to identify and qualify end-user opportunities
- Cold call/contact local hotel properties to identify opportunities
- Ensures positive and thorough account liaison communication between the brand's corporate goals, end user needs, and Vocera deliverables
- Conducts introductory and high-level presentations including the demonstration of Vocera solution
- Negotiates agreements and Master Service Agreements
- Dedicates the preponderance of time in face-to-face and/or direct communication with customers and prospects
- Forecasts business and sales pipeline as required, updating management on the status of all prospects, in-process sales cycles and potential revenue
- Conducts continuous prospecting activities and builds a sales pipeline sufficient to support achievement of sales revenue goals
- Delivers timely technical and administrative product and solution information to create long-term, on-going business relationships and set the stage for future opportunities
- Work with GM, Marketing and BD to define, strategy, go-to-market plans, and product development initiatives to enable Vocera to become a best-of-breed solution for hospitality communications
- Be primary company liaison to key industry networking groups such as HITEC and HTNG.
- Identifies and develops partnership opportunities with complementary industry vendors, such as HSIA's, mobile device OEM's, wireless technology vendors, and 3rd party software vendors which enable sales, deployment and value of the Vocera solution to the industry
Education, Skills & Experience
- BA/BS degree or combination of experience
- Minimum 4 to 6 years of selling to hospitality brands such as, but not limited to Marriott, Starwood, Hilton, and Intercontinental
- Strong network of contacts, and relationships within the hospitality market, in particular at the executive level within the major brands
- Sales experience in technology, software (Property Management, Guest Rapid Response), services, devices, or wireless communications
- Proven track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding sales performance metrics; i.e., quotas, pipeline, forecast accuracy, etc.
- Proven track record of taking a product within a brand from pilot phase to a scaled up rollout within a major hospitality brand
- Demonstrated success in developing opportunities through all phases of the sales cycle from cold calling, qualification, through closure
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing complex sales cycles typically defined as six months or longer with multiple stakeholders, decision-makers and influencers at multiple levels
- Track record of success by consistently exceeding performance metrics
- Experience (basic or advanced) with Salesforce.com, and virtual meeting and presentation tools like WebEx, LiveMeeting, etc.
- Disciplined use of a formalized sales methodology; e.g., The Complex Sale, Target Account Selling, Power-Base Selling, etc., for opportunity planning and management
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills especially in the ability to present concepts and articulate business value
- Display effective interpersonal skills sufficient to build positive, productive, and effective professional working relationships
- Ensure a mutually agreeable deliverable is achieved with the brand's corporate direction and, in turn, the end facility's input for overall satisfaction
- Display a sense of creativity and innovation, with integrity and respect for others
- Develop a passion for Vocera and the hospitality market, along with the ability to display agility to adjust/adapt approaches to growing Vocera's position in the market
Belief in Diversity
Vocera Communications is an Affirmative Action employer and is committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
||Chicago, IL |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED