Smartphone Application Developer - Toronto, Canada Vocera Communications
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Vocera is looking for an application developer with a passion for creating powerful Smartphone enterprise applications for Android and BlackBerry devices that have intuitive visual interfaces. We're looking for a person who can do more than implement a UIâ€"we want someone with the vision to imagine it, the communication skills to articulate it, and the ability to deliver it on time. This position is within the Vocera Engineering team in Toronto and will report to the Director of Engineering in Toronto, Canada.
- Develop rich, intuitive, Android and BlackBerry Smartphone voice and data applications that integrate and interact with backend services in mission-critical environments
- Own a development project end-to-end: from requirements, through design, scheduling, development, and implementation
- Create modular, extensible, flexible Smartphone applications that solve real user problems; be able to do the design as well as the development
- Work with product management to refine requirements, interview users to comprehend their needs, and translate input into powerful, usable interfaces
- Create wireframes and mockups to guide interface development; present these designs to users and describe the proposed interaction
Education, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 2 + years experience designing and developing Android and BlackBerry Smartphone applications with rich visual interactions
- Interface design skills and understanding of usability principles
- Thorough familiarity with web services/frameworks and APIs to communicate with server software and access databases
- Strong background in development languages and technologies such as: Android SDK, BlackBerry APIs, Eclipse.
- Knowledge of iOS application development is a positive.
- Sound understanding of software abstraction principles and object oriented software development methodology
- Ability to be productive in the face of ambiguous product requirements and work swiftly in a high growth, fast moving company; work well as part of a team
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Work independently with minimal supervision, possess resourcefulness and complex problem-solving capability
- Have a passion for the end-to-end development of quality software products and the desire to make a difference
Vocera Communications is an Affirmative Action employer and is committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
||Toronto, IA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED