Sr. Java Platform Developer Vocera Communications
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Position: Sr. Java Platform Developer
Location: San Jose, CA
Vocera is looking for a talented senior software platform engineer to join our growing organization. This position requires someone who enjoys working within a team environment and who is passionate about creating scalable enterprise applications for the Vocera products.
We are looking for someone who is a team player with the vision to imagine it, the communication skills to articulate it, and the ability to deliver it on time. This position is within the Vocera Software Engineering team and will report to the Sr Director of Platform Engineering.
- Partner with a world-class team that designs and develops next generation, highly scalable, secure and reliable, enterprise applications, deployed over a large customer base.
- Develop highly intuitive, Java based web applications, and web services that integrate with critical internal and external systems.
- Architect, Design and implement next generation platform components based on scalable Web Application architecture.
- Responsible for sustaining existing web applications, Smartphone services and integrations.
- Work with other developers and respond to customer issues and deliver innovative features/enhancements that improve customer productivity and reduce the total cost of ownership.
- Own a development project end-to-end: from requirements scoping, through design, helping develop scheduling timeline, to development, and finally implementation, launch.
- Create modular, extensible, flexible applications that solve real user problems; be able to do the design as well as the development
- Work with product management to refine requirements, interview users to comprehend their needs, and translate input into powerful, usable interfaces
- Create wireframes and mockups to guide interface development; present these designs to users and describe the proposed interaction
Education, Skills, and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- At least 10 years of experience designing and developing software applications preferably enterprise applications
- 8+ years of in-depth, hands-on experience with Java and J2EE technologies (specifically JSP, JDBC, JMS, Servlets) and web application architectures like JBOSS or Spring
- Experience with L10n/i18n application development
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design concepts and design patterns.
- Experience working with software infrastructure and web services technologies such as Apache Tomcat, CXF, LDAP, Active Directory, SOAP, WSDL, REST
- Experience with frameworks and ORM technologies, such as Spring, Hibernate, JPA, JDO
- Knowledge of Flex preferred
- Knowledge of AJAX technologies, especially GWT is a plus
- Experience with full product development lifecycle of highly scalable enterprise applications
- Ability to be productive in the face of ambiguous product requirements and work swiftly in a high growth, fast moving company; work well as part of a team
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Comfortable working independently with minimal supervision, possess resourcefulness and complex problem-solving capability
- Have a passion for the end-to-end development of quality software products and the desire to make a difference
Belief in Diversity
Vocera Communications is an Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
||San Jose, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED