Sr. Manufacturing Test Engineering (Hardware Dev) Vocera Communications
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Scope of Position
Vocera is a public company committed to bringing quality to the next level across our organization. We seek an experienced test development engineer, with a successful track record of designing customized Automated Test Equipment for wireless products that are economical to reproduce, robust, efficient and reliable in a mid to high volume manufacturing environment.
As a member of the manufacturing test engineering development team, working concurrently with Quality, NPI, Hardware and Firmware engineering teams, this position will develop, document and implement test strategies for Vocera products. This will include defining/developing Test fixture hardware design â€" analog, digital, and RF, test specifications, test limits, pass/fail criteria, test procedures and test fixtures for all products as required. This will include providing Test equipment characterization and qualification.
Responsibilities include complete documentation of test equipment, schematics, wiring diagrams and assembly instructions. Once the test platform has been designed this position will assist design engineering in debug and test of prototype through pilot build of products.
The Manufacturing Test Engineer will be responsible for deploying test equipment to the Contract Manufacturing facility and providing any necessary training and all on going support of production. This will include working with the Contract Manufacturer to resolve yield problems that arise during the production process and support troubleshooting and debug of field return units.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- A BSEE or 10 years equivalent work experience of developing test equipment in Manufacturing Test Engineering or Hardware Development.
- Product/process, system knowledge combined with strong analytical and creative problem solving skills and the ability to implement robust solutions.
- Six Sigma training and certification desirable.
- Must have background RF circuit design, must have background with for RF or 802.11 a/b/g/n products.
- Must have previous experience developing hardware test platforms for RF products either in lab environment or manufacturing production.
- Prior experience in with LabWindows/CVI (C, C+ or C++), utilitizing computer controlled instrumentation and data collection services.
- Prior experience with Allegro/Cadence and Solid Works CAD design tools.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, must be able to create and implement test documentation and provide on site training to test personnel.
- The position may require travel to off-site locations.
Belief in DiversityVocera Communications is an Affirmative Action employer and is committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
||San Jose, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED