Post Integration Support Software Engineer Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Foster City, California
- Toronto, Canada
- London, UK
Guidewire Software's Customer Support organization is seeking experienced software development and support engineers to grow its global Customer Support organization.
Software Support Engineers at Guidewire Software have ongoing responsibility for an assigned set of enterprise customers in the global Property and Casualty Insurance industry. At Guidewire, this is a highly valued role because we will only be successful if our customers are successful. The role requires substantial software development and diagnostic skills as well as strong customer relationship/communication skills. Support Engineers work closely with their designated customers to maintain fully-functional, high-performing production environments. This includes leading scheduled calls with customers (on a weekly or monthly basis) as well as responding to production issues as they arise.
The Senior Support Software Engineer role requires substantial understanding of the enterprise software development life cycle as well as hands-on programming and diagnostic skills. Engineers perform detailed analysis on customer issues to determine root causes and propose solutions. They must have strong ability to work independently on complex issues, and to collaborate efficiently with internal experts to resolve customer issues quickly.
The technical skills required include:
- Hands-on Java/J2EE programming and diagnostic experience
- Configuration and support of enterprise software applications
- Knowledge of Oracle and/or SQL server, including the ability to write complex SQL queries
- Knowledge of application servers such as Tomcat, Jboss, and Websphere
- Knowledge of Windows and Unix server operating systems
Guidewire provides support to its installed base of customers from its San Mateo headquarters and from a network of Regional Support Centers located strategically around the world in areas where we conduct business. Travel requirements are minimal (approximately 5% or less), primarily for transition visits to customers who are going â€œliveâ€ with a Guidewire application for the first time. Diagnostic and support activities are conducted remotely using customer configuration materials, through conference calls, and web-based tools such as WebEx.
Support Engineers are responsible for developing mastery of several functional or technical areas of the products they support, along with substantial competence in the remaining areas of these products. Mastering internal server tools and diagnostics is a key aspect of the role. In addition, they demonstrate professionalism and leadership in successfully resolving challenging customer situations.
The Guidewire Customer Support team is highly collaborative in nature. Support engineers provide assistance and mentorship to other support engineers in their areas of expertise and general assistance to their peers in other areas where needed. To gain the necessary product and diagnostic knowledge, new support engineers complete Guidewire Foundation Training, which leads to product certification on one or more Guidewire applications. Most engineers later pursue a second certification in Guidewire integration technologies and APIs. After certification, new support engineers are paired with experienced staff on shadow assignments, to gain familiarity with support systems and procedures.
The successful Support Engineer is expected to work closely with our customers while making sure that our larger organization is kept abreast of product strengths and weaknesses. This requires a unique blend of technical expertise and customer facing skills.
This role requires a high degree of independence, ownership and responsibility for customer success. Support engineers are expected to be highly resourceful at responding to and managing customer issues in a timely manner. Thus the successful candidate must be skilled at developing and maintaining professional relationships with peers as well as colleagues in other departments and geographic locations.
- Successful 5-10 year track record of implementing or supporting complex integration code in a customer environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently manage client relationships and provide ongoing support for technical projects
- Experience developing technical specifications and then implementing those specifications through a combination of custom programming and product configuration
- Experience with complex enterprise systems that are integrated with legacy systems
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, enhance, test, and deploy complicated integration software
- Experience with and understanding of web application servers and Java/J2EE architectures
- Experience with Relational Databases (Oracle and SQL Server), XML, and legacy integration technologies
- Background as a Systems Consultant at a Big 5 consulting firm or equivalent
- Prior Business Process and configuration experience with configurable software such as Peoplesoft, Siebel, or SAP web architected solutions
- Knowledge of the insurance industry or prior implementation experience on an insurance related project
- Previous experience in at least two full life-cycle enterprise software implementations
- Experience working with customers and peers distributed widely over multiple countries, regions, and time zones.
- Knowledge of system and performance tools for Java-based web applications
||Foster City, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services