As a Palo Alto Networks Pre-Sales Systems Engineer you and your Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for presenting the Palo Alto Networks Next Generation Firewall solution to prospective customers, creating and delivering demonstrations of the products, gathering customer technical requirements, creating evaluation test plans with customers, and then managing the evaluation process to a successful conclusion. You will work closely with customers as their primary point of contact for feedback and resolution of issues, and will be the customers' advocate for issues that require assistance from the HQ TAC.You will provide feedback to the Product Management team on new feature requests and product enhancements from your customer base.
Extensive travel is required, domestic and international.
Ideal candidates will have prior experience selling network infrastructure based security appliances including but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches. Candidates should also have practical experience working with routing and switching products that will be installed adjacent to the Palo Alto Networks appliances
- BSCS or equivalent and 8+ years of experience as an SE or systems integrator
- Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable)
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP ,L4 Load balancing )
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing and troubleshooting network infrastructure security products
- Must be bilingual in Spanish and English
- Self motivated
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, often under duress
- Super organizational skills
- 'Whatever it takes' attitude and motivation to do whatever necessary
to assist in closing a deal
Preferences:- Prior startup experience being one of the first SEs into an organization
- Experience working with Channel partners and understanding of a channel centric go to market approach.
- Experience from companies in the enterprise networking security space.
|Location:||Mexico, NY |
|Headquarters:||2130 Gold Street|
Alviso, CA 95002