Pre-Sales Systems Engineer-Security/ Net MRIProducts Boston Netcordia
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Pre-Sales Systems Engineer-Security/ Net MRIProducts Boston
Sales | Remote Office Location (TBD), United States
Working with Regional Sales Team, the Pre-Sales Systems Engineer is the Security Products technical leader in each account responsible for in-depth opportunity qualification, product demonstrations, technical presentations, team, and on-site product proof-of-concept support. Heavy regional travel required - expect up to 70% on-site work with customers and partners. Prospective employee needs to be based in Boston or the Northeast USA and Eastern Canada (Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal)
Principal Job Responsibilities:
Core Competencies/Skills & Knowledge:
- Responsible for pre-sales technical support and technical account management for Infoblox's field Account Managers and VARs.
- Perform training and demonstrations for our partners, customers, and sales team helping them understand how to deploy Infoblox business solutions.
- Assist in the design and integration architecture of Infoblox's Security Products.
- Up to 70% travel within designated region
- Minimum 3+ years in a customer facing Pre-Sales System Engineering position
- Minimum 3+ years experience supporting LAN/WAN technologies including firewall policy management, layer 3 routing and layer 2 switching, wireless, mobile computing devices, CIDR notation, and a solid understanding of routing/subnets
- Strong understanding of firewall management including rule optimization and cleanup. Previous experience with at least one of the following firewall vendors: Cisco, Checkpoint, Juniper, Fortinet, Palo Alto Networks and Juniper/Netscreen.
- Strong understanding in IT security fundamentals. Previous experience implementing network security products for application connectivity
- Strong understanding in Network Change and Configuration Management (NCCM) process and procedures. NCCM relevant product experience strongly desired.
- Demonstrated competency in using linux, Microsoft Active Directory and Mac OS.
- Demonstrated competency in automating repeatable tasks with PERL, PowerShell, Java or any other scripting language.
- Experience with DNS, DHCP, TFTP and other core networking technologies is desired.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve technical problems.
- Language Requirement: English
- Written: Must be able to assist with RFPs, customer communication
- Verbal: Must be able to articulate complex technical concepts
- Interpersonal: Ability to forge new, strong business relationships
- Presentation: Customer facing presentations
Contacts / Interactions:
- Internal: G&A Staff, Sales staff, Marketing staff, Engineering staff
- External: Customers, partners
License and Certification Requirements / Preferences:
- CCNA preferred
- CISSP preferred
Travel: (frequency, duration, domestic v. international, etc.):
- May require up to 70% travel with designated region: local, out-of-town, overnight travel within the domestic US.
- May require non-standard work hours for travel, business calls, relationship building, studying new methods and equipment, etc.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- This work is typically performed in an office environment â€" remote or customer onsite - which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and see. Arms, hands and fingers will be needed to reach, operate and install computers; this will require more than two-thirds of the employee's work. Employee will occasionally need to lift boxes or materials up to 75 pounds. Employee will spend less than one-third of the time stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling while installing or repairing computers. Standing, walking and sitting will each require about one-third of the employee's time.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Remote Office Location, OR |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Netcordia delivers a network management system that is easy to use, produces useful information everyday, and provides a system-level view of the network.Investors: Novak Biddle Venture Partners
, Trinity Ventures All Jobs: at Netcordia
|Headquarters:||2431 Solomons Island Road|
Annapolis, MD 21401
|Company Profile:||Netcordia is a leading provider of network automation software to the worlds most complex and mission-critical networks. Its award-winning NetMRI Network Change and Configuration Management (NCCM) solution continuously audits multi-vendor infrastructures, identifies anomalies early, speeds resolution, and automates network changes. Netcordia helps more than 250 leading organizations in healthcare, manufacturing, financial services, academic, service and government stretch IT budgets, improve overall performance, meet corporate policy and comply with stringent regulations. |
Support Netcordia with Social Media services