Precision Assembler III Promega
JOB OBJECTIVE: Precision Assembler 3 is responsible for product assembly, testing and packaging subassemblies and final assembly electro-mechanical optical instruments. Participates in improvements to manufactured products and processes.
1. Produce high quality complex electro-mechanical optical instruments including alignment of motors, gears and optical components using custom fixtures, basic hand tools and soldering.
2. Performing first-level of detailed troubleshooting and resolutions to manufacturing and design issues of electro-mechanical optical sub-assemblies and instrument systems.
3. Develop and maintain manufacturing process. Develop standard work and best practices. Investigate and take corrective action on customer product issues relating to the product's mechanical and electrical features.
4. Assures system and product quality by testing finished- product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes. Documents actions by completing production and quality forms.
5. Implement productivity improvements to achieve overall company objectives for cost, quality, delivery and safety.
6. Provide Design for Manufacturability (DFM) feedback to engineering team.
7. Provide mentoring / training to junior members of the Production Manufacturing team.
8. Assist in leading Lean Manufacturing initiatives as defined by senior management team.
9. Coordinates with other functions to resolve manufacturing problems and develop product design improvements.
10. Reporting material discrepancies to the appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
11. Maintains a clean and organized work area to facilitate manufacturing functions.
12. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Utilizes various mechanical and electrical test equipment.
2. Participate in technical documentation review and development process.
3. Cross training responsibilities as assigned by the Production Supervisor.
1. Minimum of 5 years production manufacturing / instrumentation assembly related experience.
2. Experience with technical and operational manufacturing process details.
3. Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in the fabrication of electro-mechanical components and assemblies.
4. Solid knowledge of equipment, systems and techniques appropriate to debugging mechanical and electrical systems.
5. Experience with Lean Manufacturing process and tools including 5S, cellular manufacturing principles and experience with Value Stream Mapping (VSM).
6. Ability to learn quickly and demonstrated attention to detail.
7. Problem solver and solution oriented.
8. Strong written and verbal communication skills, with proven ability to communicate correctly and communicate problems and issues in a clear and concise manner.
9. Ability to organize, prioritize and accomplish multiple projects.
10. Ability to work independently with moderate supervision and with other team members in a cooperative manner.
1. Experience with medical device or instrumentation production manufacturing assembly.
2. Experience in electro-mechanical testing.
3. High degree of flexibility and adaptability.
1. Ability to occasionally move objects ranging in weight up to 70 pounds up to one hour per day and perform building related construction and maintenance work.
2. Standing for long periods, kneeling, crouching, etc.
3. Good vision for fine inspection of units; Fine motor skills for assembly of delicate components.
4. Ability to work in areas of limited space.
Promega Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Sunnyvale, California, United States
||Sunnyvale, CA |