Principal Applications Engineer Grindr
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Principal Applications Engineer
Grindr is among the top highest grossing apps in the iOS app store and boasts some of the most engaged users across all social networking apps. We offer a fun, constantly evolving, startup environment that rewards creativity, teamwork and diligence.
Situated right in the heart of Hollywood, we're the No. 1 location-based mobile social app on the market, and we cater to a massive user base of millions and counting in 192 countries around the world. We're constantly innovating as a company; since our inception in 2009, we've been dedicated to finding new and better ways to connect people using mobile technology.
We offer a lot of perks, including outstanding health insurance benefits, stock options and a big, fun office filled with healthy snacks and friendly people. We're conveniently located near the corner of Sunset Blvd. and Highland Ave. -- easily accessible to the 101 freeway and just a few blocks from the Metro Red Line station.
- Develop highly scalable software components powering our growing Grindr platform.
- Ensure high availability of the Grindr platform through systems and infrastructure engineering.
- Help improve applications automation and monitoring throughout the system.
- Provide technical leadership and mentor junior team members.
- Lead code and architecture reviews.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science plus 8 years of experience.
- Eight (8) years of hands on experience developing highly scalable distributed systems.
- Expert knowledge of Enterprise Java and knowledge of Ruby.
- Strong hands-on experience with JVM, Rails, MySQL, and NoSQL technologies.
- Experience using AWS technologies such as EC2,RDS, Cloudwatch, and Elastic Beanstalk.
- Strong scripting and automation skills.
- Passionate about technology and enjoys challenges.
- Able to contribute and work independently on a small team.
- Knowledge of Erlang, XMPP, eJabberd
- Experience with mobile platforms and technologies.
Benefits and Perks include
- Health Benefits
- Work hours are 9:30 AM - 6:30 PM
- Pet-friendly office
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress
||Los Angeles, CA 90028 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED