Principal Architect Vitrue
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Vitrue is the leading Social Relationship Management (SRM) platform, a software-as-a-service (SaaS) technology, that partners with brands, marketers and agencies around the world to maximize their social community engagement. The Vitrue SRM platform gives brands the ability to scale across multiple social networks, target global to local, and publish content that drives and facilitates the two-way dialogue between brands and their fans. In addition, Vitrue, an original Facebook Preferred Developer Consultant, provides clients access to deep analytics, industry insights and best practices, product training options and high-touch customer service, giving brands a competitive advantage.
Through our industry expertise, technology platform and integrated approach, we provide the most comprehensive social media marketing solutions built exclusively for Fortune 1,000 global brands. For more company information, please visit http://vitrue.com.
WANTED: Talented and passionate technologist who thrives in a team environment. Wanting to solve ground breaking problems in social media across Facebook, Twitter, G+, YouTube, and Foursquare.
The Principal Architect will be responsible for leading the platform architecture team to expand our dynamic suite of social products. Will be responsible for scaling and integrating Vitrue?s SaaS platform in a fast-paced environment and dynamic sector. Will lead the design and implementation of end-to-end web based application frameworks, including services, data model, application logic, and presentation layers. Experience with the physical layer required as well, preferably cloud systems. Also, experience with SCRUM, and SaaS deployment models strongly preferred. Our technology stack includes Ruby on Rails, MySQL, Postgres, Node.js, MongoDB, Erlang and JQuery, to name a few technologies. However, we?re looking for sharp individuals who are able to adapt the right technologies to solve acute business problems. Practicality in understanding and balancing business needs with technology decisions is a must.
This is a key and senior level position reporting to executive leadership. Strong communication skills, verbal and visual, are required. Demonstrated experience building, buying, or choosing the proper technology (open or commercial) is crucial.
The Principal Architect will lead product, platform, and API architects in creating clean, scalable, maintainable, and just awesomeness SaaS products. At some point you have used the top frontend and backend frameworks (ie. YUI/GWT/JQuery, RoR/Django/Spring/Hibernate/etc,) and dealt with plenty of data modeling/seach/data warehouse/etl problems. Experience with AWS/Rackspace strongly preferred. This is a key and senior level position. Our current technology stack includes MongoDB, Redis, Ruby on Rails, Node.js, Postgres, Erlang, and JQuery, to name a few technologies, but we?re looking for sharp individuals who very carefully evaluate need versus want when bringing new components into the ecosystem.
Innovate faster than the competition while creating a solid system, product, component, and deployment architecture.
- Address and identify technology or integration obstacles before the development team hits them.
- Lead the architecture team and own certain subsystem development (SCRUM included).
- Define interfaces, integration points, and work with technical leaders at Facebook, Google, Twitter, etc
- Mentor and grow all engineers through adoptions of best practices and helping to cultivate a culture of excellence
- Produce high-quality, standards-compliant code on short deadlines
- Work as part of a tight knit team of Development Managers, Leads, and Engineers and be part of SCRUM teams
- Evangalize the Vitrue Platform vision to internal and external groups using presentations, social media, blogs, etc
- Work with Marketing, Sales, and other non-development groups to understand consumers using social media and the marketers that serve their needs
Technologies we use daily
Mac OS X, JQuery, Node.js, Ruby on Rails, Facebook, Google+, Twitter, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, Solr, Hadoop, Amazon Web Services
Would you like to?
Scale apps to handle over 70,000 requests per minute?
Have your work be seen by hundreds of millions of people?
Work in one of the hottest and most innovative market spaces for technology?
Apply OO design and test driven development?
Spend your day engineering software instead of wasting time in meetings?
Have the freedom to use the right tool for the right job?
Own a piece of the company?
So did we. That?s why we work at Vitrue.
- Solid CS/Engineering degree and software development skills
- Solid experience leading ui, application, and database developers in producing quality web software (yes in the ?cloud?)
- 7+ years developing in Java, Ruby on Rails, Python, or other VM based languages
- Proficient at optimizing SQL queries (exposure to NoSQL is a plus) and search indexes
- Experience with Mac OS X or another -NIX
- HTML5 exposure is a plus
- Strive for beautiful code
- Bonus points if you?re good at playing old arcade games and ping pong!
Social Media experience is a plus
Experience in a product team and/or a start-up environment is preferred
Other Associated Titles: Chief Architect, Principal Architect, Systems Architect, Group CTO, Technical Lead, Principal Developer, Principal Engineer, Chief Engineer
||101 Marietta Street |
Atlanta, GA 30303
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED