Tesla's goal is to accelerate the world's transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. In Q1 of 2013 Tesla has delivered more than 10,000 electric vehicles to customers in 31 countries. Tesla's Model S is the world's first premium sedan designed and engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle and was named Automobile Magazine's 2013 Automobile of the YearÂ® and Motor Trend's prestigious 2013 Car of the YearÂ®.
Principal IT Systems Engineer
We are currently looking for a Principal IT Systems Engineer to build and support our critical IT Application infrastructure. To be considered, candidates must demonstrate strong technology skills, ability to provide high levels of customer service, have built and supported enterprise IT application environment within a large corporate computing environment. Additionally, requires candidate to participate in a 24x7 rotational on-call coverage.
- Strong working knowledge on Linux (Cent OS, Redhat, and Oracle VM) AND/OR Microsoft Windows 2008 server
- Must have design and large scale implementation experience with Fiber channel and NFS based enterprise storage arrays (3PAR and Netapp skills are preferred) in a highly virtualized infrastructure
- Must have strong understanding and experience in VMware virtualization technology
- Good understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, network routing, and switching
- Experience in configuring and supporting network services appliances such as WAN accelerators, load balancers and firewalls preferred
- Prior experience in optimizing infrastructure components (OS, storage, virtualization and network) to support a very dynamic application environment
- Should be fluent in automating complex manual tasks using Perl, Python, Powershell and bash (at least one)
- Strong experience in designing, building, optimizing and supporting 3 tier / ERP application infrastructure
- Should be able to quickly identify the root cause and resolve critical issues by looking across multiple layers (storage, OS, network, virtualization, and application / DB stack)
- Should have good experience in building, scaling up and supporting database, web and application clusters
- Experience in supporting IT Applications with Apache & MySQL AND/OR IIS & Microsoft SQL
- Strong documentation skills
- Lead in the planning, design and implementation of 3 tier - IT application infrastructure and provide necessary support during application development life cycle and releases.
- Support the IT application infrastructure stack (OS, Storage, Network, Database, Web, and Virtualization) and ultimately accountable for the high availability of the production infrastructure
- Build and maintain IT Application - Software development environments
- Ensure company standard server technologies, proper performance and capacity standards are followed.
- Participate in planning, design and maintenance of enterprise IT infrastructure
- Lead problem resolution and coordination
- Facilitate knowledge sharing by creating and maintaining detailed and comprehensive documentation and diagrams.
- Evaluate and implement new technologies to improve the enterprise infrastructure.
- Participate in an on-call rotation for support of systems outside of normal business hours.
- Position will require being available to perform maintenance during non-business hours and over the weekends.
- Available for occasional business travel
- Strong team player with a high degree of self-motivation and the ability to manage additional technical resources to meet the project requirements.
B.S. Degree in engineering, science, mathematics, information systems or computer science preferred.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|