Principal/Lead Software Engineer Jana
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Jana is looking for talented full-stack web developers to help both build our cutting-edge platform and lead our engineering team. We are seeking experienced engineers who have both an interest in cutting-edge web technology and an interest in helping to mentor other members of our team.
- Design, code and test scalable software using Python
- Work as part of a team in an agile environment - implement front-end code, optimized for both full and mobile browsers; implement back-end logic that enables the gathering, storage, and display of data
- Specify and create scalable web services to interact with backend processes
- Assist in implementing A/B testing
- Be a go-to person for rapid feature creation
- Give feedback to other team members' code and design decisions,
- Passion for web software development
- Ability to quickly turn around feature requirements as part of a team
- Interest in interacting with people from other cultures - users of our platform all live in the developing world
- Ability to both learn from and teach other engineers
- People skills: ability to listen and be supportive of others, helping to create a collaborative environment
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years software development
- Experience across the entire open-source stack
- UI / UX implementation, web design
- Experience with a web frameworks
- Experience with Python - or very strong in at least two other web-related languages
- Demonstrable analytic ability
- Experience with mobile web
- Experience with Facebook API
- Deep familiarity with an emerging market country
Jana connects the world's leading brands with consumers across the developing world! Our products enable brand marketing and market research in regions as diverse as India, Brazil, Nigeria, and Egypt. Our global community of members receive free talk time on their mobile phone in exchange for taking simple actions such as free trial (registration, app downloads), engagement (watching videos, uploading photos), advocacy (referring friends), and product purchases (airtime rebates). Every month, millions of emerging market consumers register with mCent, Jana's consumer-facing, opt-in platform, to receive these offers.
While we are a rapidly-growing, early-stage start-up, we're already the world's largest mobile rewards platform. With integrations into the billing systems of 237 mobile operators, we can instantly reward 3.48 billion emerging market consumers in 70 local currencies with prepaid airtime. We are presently earning revenue in over 50 countries from clients including: CNN, Microsoft, Johnson & Johnson, Nestl-, Unilever, P&G, Danone, Google, and General Mills. With $25MM in funding from Maurice L-vy (Publicis Groupe), Todd Dagres (Spark Capital), Rohini Chakravarty (NEA), Jon Miller (AOL / News Corp), Paul Sagan (Akamai) and Esther Dyson (WPP) - we are building a new style of research and marketing company focusing on underserved, understudied communities in high-growth markets.
||Boston, MA 02115 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Jana enables global organizations to directly engage with emerging market consumers in over 85 countries via mobile phones. Jana's proprietary technology targets and rewards 2.1 billion consumers with free mobile airtime as an incentive to complete market research surveys. This capability provides organizations with real time insights about consumer behavior in emerging markets, such as brand preferences of specific demographic groups.
5 - 20M RaisedInvestors: Flywheel Ventures
, QUALCOMM Ventures
, RBC Venture Partners
, Spark Capital All Jobs: at Jana
|Headquarters:||660 York St|
San Francisco, CA 94110
|Company Profile:||Jana enables global organizations to directly engage with emerging market consumers in over 85 countries via mobile phones. Jana's proprietary technology targets and rewards 2.1 billion consumers with free mobile airtime as an incentive to complete market research surveys. This capability provides organizations with real time insights about consumer behavior in emerging markets, such as brand preferences of specific demographic groups.
Jana is a rapidly-growing, early-stage start-up with 10M in funding from investors including Spark Capital, Qualcomm Ventures, the Blackberry Fund, and Esther Dyson. It is presently earning revenue in over 50 countries.
Support Jana with Social Media services