Principal Network Engineer/ Network Architect Workday, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Do you want to actually look forward to Monday mornings?
You can at Workday! We embody the qualities of a great company, offer world-class products and services, listen to our employees, empower creativity and innovation, and celebrate a job well done. Itâs that simple, and has earned us the #1 ranking on two 2012 âBest Places to Workâ surveys (as voted by our own employees).
Workday is looking for aÂ Network Architect/Principle EngineerÂ to join ourÂ Infrastructure Engineering team within theÂ CloudÂ OperationsÂ organization. Â This team is focused on providing infrastructure design, implementation planning, deployment support and optimizations to support new product, features and service offerings within Workday. Â As the Network Architect/Principle Engineer, you will partner with other engineering teams to analyze the technical needs of projects and design the required network infrastructure to ensure operational readiness and security of new products in our 9 global production customer data centers.Â
With a growing customer base and a Software-as-Service model, you need to think security, scalability, and reliability -- constantly. You must enjoy the fast pace of an Internet company where the requirements for the data center infrastructure will change rapidly. Your daily work will have a direct impact on our customers and our business. And, you won't be bored with repetitive tasks as you'll be busy growing your skills as the company grows.
Work location is primarily in the Pleasanton office but can be flexible with time spent in San Francisco office.
- Shape solutions through early and active involvement in the Project and Product lifecycle.
- Develop infrastructure architectural solutions for major Infrastructure projects.Ensure architectures improve availability, scalability, and security from counterparts in Operations, Infrastructure, and Product Development.
- Remain actively involved in projects beyond the architectural definition, providing assistance during the Engineering and Implementation phases.
- Development of a long-range technology roadmap and architecture in all relevant operational technology domains, working with relevant stakeholders.
- Gather feedback on architectural solutions in production to ensure requirements have been met, adjusting designs if required.
- In some cases, perform Engineering and pilot implementation of new technologies introduced through a new architectural solution.
- Respond to strategic design requests asÂ business and technical objectives evolve.
- Document current and future network design.
Skills and Experience:
- Solid knowledgeÂ of operations architecture, current product capabilities, technology directions, theory, frameworks and industry best practices, with a keen appreciation of associated benefits and practical limitations.
- Large scale web operations in Software-as-a-Service or Consumer Web.
- Good verbal & written communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and organizations.
- Ability to work effectively with Development architects.
- Demonstrated ability to build scalable web-based networksÂ that support rapid growth.
- Deep understanding of scripting languages such as Perl, Python and/or Ruby is preferred.
- Firm knowledge in operating and troubleshooting large scale Linux/Unix-based environment.Â
- Minimum of 7-10 years experience supporting complex large scale networks.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or equivalent preferred.
||Pleasanton, CA |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Workday experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our Development "Show and Tell" happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a work day.
> 50M RaisedInvestors: Greylock Partners
, NEA All Jobs: at Workday, Inc.
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Support Workday, Inc. with Social Media services