Principal Software Engineer Rearden Commerce
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Interested in this opportunity?
- Apply Now! Will take less than 5 minutes
- Refer a friend (by e-mail) to this job opportunity
Deem, Inc. delivers Commerce-as-a-Service to businesses enabling them to save, sell and syndicate resulting in lower costs, increased revenue and enhanced customer loyalty. Over the past year, more than $6.5 billion of relevant commerce transactions occurred across Deem. Deem is headquartered in San Francisco, CA.
As a senior contributor in the engineering organization, you will participate in the architecture, design, and implementation of these applications and will be responsible for delivering new capabilities in a timely manner with high quality. The success of this position will be measured by the usability, quality, and timeliness of the applications.
This role will be responsible for developing and maintaining applications that allow consumers to search and transact with a wide range of goods and services, as well as develop core components of Deem's web-based marketplace platform.
- Partnering with product management, user experience, QA, and services delivery to understand business requirements and translate them into high quality designs
- Ensuring that designs meet all functional and non-functional requirements
- Designing and implementing key services within the Deem platform
- Taking ownership of the quality and usability of the application
- Contributing to a culture of innovation and quality across the engineering organization
- Very high technical competence with a track record of strong coding and individual technical accomplishments
- Minimum 7 years of development experience building enterprise scale products for a major software vendor
- Strong Java development skills and object oriented design experience, including working knowledge of core libraries and design patterns
- Experience with Web services (e.g. REST, SOAP, JSON based communication interfaces)
- Working knowledge of XML and XSLT for document creation, formatting, mapping and transformations
- Experience with web user-interface design patterns (e.g. MVC) and frameworks (e.g. Struts, JSP tag libraries, Grails, etc.)
- Able to design, code, unit test, and debug complex web software applications supporting multiple browsers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to collaborate and thrive in a fast-paced high-performance environment
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with application data modeling for relational databases and/or NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of application frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate
- Experience with one or more dynamic languages, such a Ruby, PHP, PERL, or Python
- Familiarity with document formats and standards such as OASIS UBL, cXML, etc.
- Knowledge of build systems and tools such as Apache ant, maven, etc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED