Principal Software Engineer eHarmony
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED eHarmony is a growing, global technology company built on the belief that marrying computer science and relationship psychology can change the way people find their most significant relationships. Do you want to bring happiness to peopleâs lives while working with amazingly talented colleagues?
Weâre looking for innovators and problem solvers who are passionate about taking on the biggest of challenges. We were the first to introduce matchmaking into the online dating space, and we do it better than anyone else. Weâre the Netflix where your movies have to like you back; we're the LinkedIn where you love your connections; and we're the place long-lasting, meaningful relationships are built online. How much of an impact do we have? Nearly 5% of all marriages in the U.S. are created by eHarmony. Thatâs 271 marriages per day.
eHarmony is pre-IPO, well-funded and profitable. We have more thanÂ 50 million registered users spanning across 150 countries and have launched country-specific services in the United Kingdom and Australia. Our competitive compensation package includes a base salary, discretionary bonus, stock options, free drinks and snacks, ping pong, video games and an on-site chair masseuse. Our 65,000 square foot headquarters is located in Santa Monica, CA, just blocks from the Pacific Ocean.
eHarmony, Inc. is building a team to work on the next generation of applications to support their high traffic, public facing experiences.Â Be part of the excitement of a profitable and pre-IPO company with the stability and benefits to challenge any company. Work in a fast moving and challenging environment that is balanced with a great environment and flexible hours. Be empowered with the ownership to deliver your responsibilities.
Design and develop components of a multi-layered architecture leveraging the latest Web 2.0, SOA and Event architectures. Push the envelope of scalability with the next applications.
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Developing applications for a high volume consumer website for a high-profile, nationally recognized, very profitable, pre-IPO internet company
- Developing the next generation of data intensive distributed applications using cutting edge Web, SOA and Event Based technologies.
- Engineering software solutions employing enterprise Java, Spring frameworks suite, RESTful web services, Message based systems, ORMs, NoSQL databases, JVM based dynamic language platforms.
- Work with highly agile, close-knit teams including product management in iterating through feature releases
The successful candidate will have:
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- Skilled in enterprise, open source Java-based technology ecosystem
- Familiar with light weight web technologies stack (JAX-RS/Jersey, Grails, Spring MVC, Struts, Hibernate, xUnit)
- Well experienced with asynchronous, message based systems (JMS)
- Familiar with Hibernate or other ORM frameworks
- Familiar with NoSQL technologies such as Project Voldemort, MongoDB, Neo4J, Hadoop/HBase
- Skilled with Web-Service based technologies such as SOAP, REST, Spring Remoting
- Excellent understanding of OOD/OOP as well as familiar with atleast one functional language
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy both solving problems and delivering high-quality software
- Motivated, fast learner of new and emerging technologies
- Experienced at leading development life cycle process and best practices, hiring and mentoring in a technical organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and listening skills
- Ability to participate in a cross-functional team environment
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED