Principal Software Engineer Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Principal Software Engineer (Hadoop Development) You may know that Hadoop is changing the Big Data landscape. What you may not know is how Splunk is as well, and the marriage of the two technologies presents a game-changing advancement in the state-of-the-art.
We're looking for an innovative software engineer to architect, design, develop, test, and advance sophisticated data and workflow integration between Splunk's machine data search and indexing technology, and the Hadoop ecosystem of technologies. You should thrive on the rapid pace of innovation in the big data arena, and the ability to seek integration opportunities that provide an order of magnitude of value in the form of faster development, increased flexibility to change, higher-throughput of data processing, increased reliability, richer exploration, and analysis/utilization of data insights.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Build high-performance and reliable data transport mechanisms
- Implement and optimize API-level integrations with Hadoop and Hadoop technologies, for seamless/effortless/performant orchestration of data flow and processing between Hadoop and Splunk
- Leverage a variety of open source technologies to achieve an optimally flexible architecture, and provide guidance to ensure customer success on best-of-breed deployments
- Define and publish best practices
- Experience with new generation technologies, such as Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Cassandra, MongoDB, etc.
- Experience with search, indexing technologies such as Lucene, Solr
- Strong enterprise Java knowledge, and track record of delivering innovative solutions to tough problems
- Thrives on big data challenges of large volumes, at high velocity, with extreme variability
- Excellent understanding of issues regarding clustering, and distributed computing in enterprise environments
- Experience with a variety of traditional data technologies including RDBMS, ETL, Data Warehousing, BI, OLAP, OLTP
- Experience with a range of scripting technologies, including python, ruby, etc
- Experience with deployment, operations, and management issues for complex distributed data systems
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Dedication to testing as an essential part of software engineering practice
- Passionate about open source, and building communities
- Ability to implement elegant solutions to complex problems
Education: Got it!
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent experience, Masters preferred.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has 5,600 customers in over 90 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cybersecurity, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk now has over 800 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco with offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED