Principal Visual Designer ReputationDefender
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED In addition, your personal information is being saved online without your explicit permission (which leads to loads of junk mail among other super annoying things).
Reputation.com is building tools and services to help consumers and businesses control their online presence - by monitoring privacy and building a positive online image.
We are looking for a talented Principal Visual Designer to join our growing team at Reputation.com. We need visual design leadership - but we won't put you in a box. If you are also a world class interaction designer or developer - we have a spot for you! As a member of our multi-disciplinary design team you will be responsible for crafting the future of our user experience and developing the visual language of our products. Our team is user-centered, collaborative and T-shaped.
We seek candidates who can tell us about how they solve user-centered problems. Candidates with some familiarity in both up front needs finding design research in addition to usability lab experience are greatly preferred. It is important that 'business requirements' are not the ONLY input to kick-off the design process. We want to hear about the user problem you had to solve.
We are building a team. Ability to collaborate effectively within the design disciplines (research, interaction and visual) as well as across disciplines (engineering, product management, marketing, QA, R&D and sales) is critical.
T-shaped people are people who have a depth of experience in one area, but a broad awareness and appreciation of other design disciplines. We have a strong preference for people with formal design education related to their focus area. You must be a master of the tools, techniques and principles appropriate to your area of focus.
The Principal Visual Designer will take the lead in developing a UI design language for our products as well as seeing individual components through to completion. This role is a player/coach role. Candidates for this role must have experience guiding a team or be ready to step up to that role.
Necessary skills and experience:
- Mastery of the elements of graphic design - typography, color, composition, and design grids.
- Expert eye for detail and pixel perfection; no detail is too small or insignificant.
- Ability to create concrete visualizations of abstract concepts
- Able to develop visual designs that connote a sense of security, trust and reliability.
- Extensive expertise designing beautiful, engaging user experiences for web.
- Ability to participate in product definition and interaction design development.
- Strong communication skills and ability to constructively manage feedback from product managers, business owners, interaction designers, and engineers.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Excellent collaboration skills.
Nice to have:
- I'm also a world class interaction designer - don't put me in a box!
- Ability to build HTML prototypes to demonstrate and iterate new visual concepts.
- Mobile experience (Android, iPhone / iPad, etc.) a huge plus.
- Ability to design clear, simple and beautiful icons.
Reputation.com?s mission is to empower individuals and businesses to control their privacy and reputation online. Formerly ReputationDefender, Reputation.com was founded in 2006 and is the pioneer of online reputation management solutions. The company is recognized by World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer 2011 for its global technology leadership and innovation. The privately held company is headquartered in Silicon Valley, has an office in Germany and serves customers in more than 100 countries. Reputation.com is funded by Kleiner Perkins, Bessemer Venture Partners, JAFCO and Floodgate. In July 2011 Reputation.com Raised $41 Million Series D Financing Led by August Capital this Funding Supports Reputation.com?s Growth of a New Ecosystem of Digital Control.
The Reputation.com team culture is customer-focused and fun: we pride ourselves on creating challenging and independent work opportunities for employees at all levels. We work hard and we play hard too.
Reputation.com is an equal-opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and benefits for well-qualified hires.
||2694 Middlefield Road |
Redwood City, CA 94063
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED