PRN Clinical Communications Center Nurse NovaSom
THIS IS A PART-TIME PER DIEM POSITION
The PRN Clinical Communications Center Nurse will perform duties to support patients from order delivery to test completion and return process. This includes timeliness of order entry, resolution of missing information, verification of plan eligibility and coverage, patient scheduling, education and follow up to support completion of testing and return of units all within established goals set for the company. Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply ? No major holidays or overnights, and minimum Saturday hours two times per month.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to, the following duties:
1. Communicate professionally with both internal and external clients including patients, providers, and caregivers, to obtain information and/or educate the customer on the NovaSom and AccuSom devices and OSA.
2. Implement interventions and services to provide exceptional care to patients and providers. Continue to advance knowledge and communication skills through training and mentoring.
3. Complete order entry, including resolution of missing information within established timeframe.
4. Ensure providers? orders are processed in accordance to payer?s medical policy.
5. Complete on-line eligibility and coverage verification within established timeframe.
6. Schedule patients within two business days of order entry.
7. Provide education and apply skills to decrease the number of patients cancelling home sleep testing.
8. Provide education and apply skills to support patients in completing home sleep testing.
9. Meet established quality call monitoring (e.g. > 90%).
10. Meet goal for number of orders per employee (e.g. 200 orders per full time employee per month).
11. Adhere to all confidentially and HIPAA requirements as outlined within NovaSom policies and procedures
12. Promptly respond to patient phone calls regarding service.
13. Document all patient and account contacts in the patient?s file.
14. Take ownership to resolve customer complaints in a timely manner.
15. Take responsibility to ensure every client request is handled promptly.
16. Support orientation and training by mentoring new hires.
17. Serve as an Ambassador for NovaSom to patients, providers, and other customers.
18. Follow all policies, procedures and processes
19. Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Registered Nurses (RN) and Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) with active licenses.
Familiarity with OSA and related chronic care conditions.
Ability to communicate effectively on the phone while simultaneously documenting information into a computer.
The ability to manage and meet deadlines.
Computer literate and detail oriented.
Professionally skilled in verbal, and written communication.
Excellent customer service and organizational skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Associates Degree / Bachelors Degree in related field
Background in Nursing or experience in other clinical fields
Medical terminology knowledge
Proficient computer skills
||Glen Burnie, MD |