PRN - Ultrasound Technologist Insight Health Corp.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Center for Diagnostic Imaging (CDI), is a national organization with an unsurpassed reputation for quality, advanced imaging services, subspecialty radiologists, and thoughtful, patient-centered care.
The Sonographer is responsible for the independent operation of sonographic equipment, and for performing and communicating results of diagnostic examinations using sonography. Maintains a high standard of medical ethics at all times. Remains self-motivated to increase level of understanding and knowledge of the field, disease, and new procedures as they evolve.
This is a Casual PRN position in our Murfreesboro, TN center.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Creates a positive experience for every customer, every day by believing in and practicing the CDI Experience
- Performs clinical assessment and diagnostic sonography examinations
- Uses cognitive sonographic skills to identify, record, and adapt procedures as appropriate to anatomical, pathological, diagnostic information and images
- Uses independent judgment during the sonographic exam to accurately differentiate between normal and pathologic findings
- Independently initiates additional ultrasound imaging procedures to facilitate optimum diagnostic results (e.g., endovaginal exam, Doppler, etc.)
- Analyses sonograms, synthesizes sonographic information and medical history, and communicates findings to the appropriate physician
- Provides interpreting physician with an oral or written summary of technical findings
- Identifies problems, secures relevant data to identify possible causes. Generates alternative courses of action and possible consequences. Reaches conclusions and solutions based on thorough analysis and reasoning
- Coordinates work schedule with supervisor and/or scheduling desk to assure workload coverage
- Assumes responsibility for the safety, mental and physical comfort of patients while they are in the sonographer's care
- Assists with the daily operations of the sonographic laboratory
- Demonstrates responsibility and accuracy for electronic data entry and maintenance
- Maintains a daily log of patients seen / completes exam billing forms
- Maintains ultrasound equipment and work area, and maintains adequate supplies
- Participates in continuous quality improvements activities
- Participates in the maintenance of laboratory accreditation
- Establishes and maintains ethical working relationships and good rapport with all interrelating hospitals and referring physicians
- Keeps supervisor well informed of status of assignments. Responds to requests and leadership of supervisor. Helps supervisor gain support for unit goals and plans.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned
COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES) REQUIRED
- Ability to work in a team setting and under tight deadlines
- Ability to prioritize, work independently, and manage simultaneous assignments
- Ability to be flexible in schedule and adaptable to constant change
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and frequent interruptions
- Ability to work with a positive attitude
- Ability to pay attention to the smallest details involved in taking service to the next level
- Ability to recognize potential abnormalities and prioritize accordingly.
- Ability to remain calm in difficult situations
- Ability to be at work on time and as scheduled
- Ability to effectively operate sonographic equipment
- Ability to evaluate sonograms in order to acquire appropriate diagnostic information
- Ability to integrate diagnostic sonograms, laboratory results, patient history and medical records, and adapt sonographic examination as necessary
- Ability to use independent judgment to acquire the optimum diagnostic sonographic information in each examination performed
- Ability to evaluate, synthesize, and communicate diagnostic information to the radiologist or referring physician
- Ability to communicate effectively with the patient and the health care team, recognizing the special nature of sonographic examinations and patient?s needs
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public and health care team
- Ability to work effectively with others toward common unit goals. Actively and positively contributes to morale and teamwork
- Ability to follow established departmental procedures
- Ability to maintain and safeguards strict patient confidentiality
- Knowledge of safety techniques needed for staff and patients
- Knowledge of and adherence to company policies and protocols
- Graduate of a formal Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program or Cardiovascular Technology Program that is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) is required
- Bachelor of Science degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography is desirable.
- Active certification by American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) in the specialties of vascular, additional abdomen, OB and breast preferred
- 3 years sonography experience
- ARRT registered technologist, current and in good standing preferred
CDI is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered without discrimination with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or other statuses protected by state, local or other applicable laws. This policy extends to all aspects of employment, including recruitment and hiring.
CDI and its associates have an employment relationship, which is known as employment-at-will. This means that either CDI or an associate has the right to terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason with or without cause or prior notice.
||Murfreesboro, TN |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED