Process Engineer - Epitaxial Growth Crystal IS
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Pay Type:
Full comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary
Crystal IS Inc. is a leading manufacturer of UVC LEDs for monitoring and disinfection of water, air and surfaces. Our proprietary technology in semiconductor substrates (Aluminum Nitride) and epitaxial growth processes is used to create high performance UVC LEDs that are more compact and environmentally friendly than traditional UV lamps. To learn more, visit www.cisuvc.com.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
1. Sustain and improve Metal-Organic CVD (MOCVD) processes used to produce UV-LED structures on our Aluminum Nitride (AlN) substrates.
2. Create and maintain operating specifications and procedures for production processes and equipment.
3. Define, Implement and Track key process parameters.
4. Analysis of data, structured (root cause) problem solving and solution implementation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. MOCVD epitaxial growth of UV-LED structures
2. Scheduling of growth runs based upon input and/or forecasts from operations team and identifies key issues for slippage.
3. Data analysis and reporting (SPC, control charts, etc.)
4. Process transfer from development to production
5. Qualify new processes and/or consumables
6. Continuous improvement/Process development in above unit operation
7. Employing root cause problem solving techniques to resolve hardware and/or process issues
8. Yield and/or throughput enhancements
9. Characterization of material attributes and/or quality
10. Prepare formal documentation and test reports
11. Train operators and technicians on operational procedures
12. Work with support staff to implement PM schedule for hardware to maximize hardware and process uptime
13. Drive innovation and continuous improvement in a deadline oriented, fast-paced, dynamic environment.
14. Self-starter, able to manage projects with minimal guidance
15. Willing to perform tasks outside normal job duties and past experience
DEMONSTRATION OF SUCCESS:
In order to exceed expectation in this role the individual will need to demonstrate technical proficiency in the area of MOCVD epitaxial growth at Crystal IS. This would be achieved by contributing to the improvement of exiting processes or the development of new processes that increase performance, line yields and/or increase overall throughput. Additionally, the individual would ensure that all quality requirements are met or exceeded for our transfer to pilot production which requires the ability to analyze data and employ structured problem solving techniques.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
5 years of related experience
The ideal candidate will have several years of relevant industrial experience (e.g. process control and quality systems) and will be an inventive, resourceful engineer who is self-motivated, a fast learner, and, a team player focused on results. Previous hands-on experience with standard epitaxial layer characterization methods and techniques including X-ray diffraction, C-V profiling, and AFM is strongly desired.
||Troy, NY |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED