Process Engineer - Research & Development Applied Microstructures
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Responsible for the development and characterization of thin film coating processes using vacuum-based vapor deposition techniques
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Create, develop, optimize, and validate vacuum-based vapor deposition thin film coating processes
- Characterize thin films using appropriate metrology including goniometry, ellipsometry, MS, AFM, XPS, FTIR, etc.
- Demonstrate process technology to customers; optimize processes for customer-specific applications; document and present results to customers
- Provide process support for equipment modifications and product development; help engineering team troubleshoot hardware problems; participate in product development and C&F work
- Demonstrate signoff processes at customer sites; help customers troubleshoot process problems; train customers on operation and maintenance of system
- Implement future process improvements at the customer site
- Background in vacuum-based thin film vapor deposition techniques and chemical precursor safe handling practices
- Working knowledge of theory of vacuum operation, chemistry of coating reactions, surface reactions, and process modeling
- 3 to 5 years experience in start-up, operation, and maintenance of vacuum-based vapor deposition thin film process equipment (i.e. ALD/ CVD/ Etch etc.)
- Hands-on experience with thin film metrology including goniometry, AFM, ellipsometry, XPS, MS, FTIR, etc.
- Working knowledge of statistical process analysis and control (for example: DOE, SPC)
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Material Science, or related discipline
- Customer focused, team player, flexible, and adaptable
- Data driven and quality oriented; able to get things done
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally (up to 25 of time)
- Must currently be legally authorized to work in the USA.
||1020 Rincon Circle |
San Jose, CA 95131
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED