Process Planner SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Manufacturing and Production Operations | Hawthorne, CA, United States
The Company SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
- Receives technical documents from Engineering and Manufacturing to create and maintain process planning documents to support the process integrating assembled parts
- Interface with Engineering, Quality, Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Procurement in resolving any hold factors inhibiting the release of plans
- Support the release of Engineering Change Notices to maintain planning to the latest controlled revision
- Create, revise, and maintain planning documents to produce structural assemblies which conform to design and specification
- Apply knowledge of processes and materials; including fabrication and assembly for metallic and non-metallic structures, cable harnesses, and components
- Interpret technical documents in regards to manufacturing, assemblies, database systems, and processes to create accurate planning
- Validate and ensure latest configuration are maintained throughout the manufacturing cycle
- Provide status to management on work load and task assignments
- Effectively use support groups to resolve constraints or problems
- Interact with shop personnel to ensure work instructions are accurate, comprehensive, and executable
- General knowledge and ability to use or interpret CAD Models
- Prioritize workloads based on schedules provided
- Work with management to assist in resolving problems and developing methods and techniques for assured department capability
- Minimum 3 years of planning experience required
- Experience with Microsoft applications is required
- Experience with Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), and Manufacturing Execution Systems is required
- Knowledge and understanding of metallic machining and assembly processes is required
- Must possess excellent Blueprint reading skills
- Bachelor's Degree in business, engineering, or related field strongly preferred
- Experience in a dynamic automotive or aviation manufacturing industry is a plus
- Familiarity with CAD systems is preferred
Additional position information
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED