Product Compliance Engineer Palo Alto Networks
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Palo Alto Networks is seeking a seasoned Product Compliance Engineer to join the Hardware Engineering team. This highly experienced senior individual will work collaboratively with the VP and Directors of Hardware Engineering in providing expert level product compliance support for all of Palo Alto Networks platforms. Utilize your extensive industry experience in regulatory compliance, safety, and other product compliance areas to ensure our products meet all world-wide requirements.
- In collaboration with the Hardware Directors and VPs, platform software and hardware engineering teams, product management, and product operations, develops and implements a life cycle strategy for all hardware platforms to ensure product compliance requirements are met and maintained.
- Collaborates closely with the product management team to ensure all world-wide country certifications and requirements are met and maintained to meet the company's product target market objectives.
- Ensure all product changes meet all required product certifications. Define any required re-testing and/or re-certification based on product changes through to end-of-life. Schedule and execute required product certification testing with external test labs and agencies. Work to resolve technical issues within the engineering organization.
- Working through each appropriate agency, ensure product certifications are maintained and recorded.
- Review factory audits by relevant agencies to ensure any product or component deviations are resolved and product compliance maintained.
- Review operations plans for new factory bring up and certifications as required, both domestically and internationally.
- Develop and institute a regular product quality audit policy and process to ensure products continue to meet all agency compliance requirements.
- Support requests from customers for evidentiary proof of product certifications.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of product safety and regulatory requirements as they apply to networking equipment including FCC (Class A and Class B), CE, VCCI, product safety (UL, CSA, TUV), telecom homologation standards where applicable, telecom carrier requirements (NEBS, Telcordia), for both wired and wireless networking interfaces.
- In depth experience and knowledge of major international telecommunications regulations and requirements and the methodology and strategies for obtaining world-wide certifications (BSMI, CCC, Anatel, and other major ITRs) in a cost effective manner. Direct experience dealing with in-country representatives to obtain certifications.
- Outstanding leadership and communication skills, both written and verbal, and a highly collaborative working style is a must.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability of complex issues, technically and operationally.
- Experience in partnering with and directing the efforts of multiple industry leading EMS and OEM/ODM providers is a must.
- Strong skills using mainstream PC tools (MS Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and industry prevalent business tools (Agile, Oracle, SAP, Arena and others) to execute on business objectives.
- Minimum BSEE, BSCS, BSCE, or BSET. Master degree is preferred.
- 8+ years progressive and proven experience in leading/managing a broad product compliance organization in the computer networking industry.
- Knowledge of international environmental requirements (RoHS, WEEE, Reach, etc) and working to obtain such certifications is highly desired.
- Experience in a functional management role, while not required, is a definite plus.
||Santa Clara, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED