Product Design Engineer - Infrastructure Social Bicycles
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Social Bicycles builds the next generation of urban mobility: bicycle sharing systems that are smarter, cheaper, and faster to deploy than traditional bicycle sharing programs. Instead of using 'smart docks', Social Bicycles builds 'smart bicycles' with on-board connectivity and integrated locking systems. Our team of designers and engineers produce every aspect of our industry-leading bike share platform in-house. Social Bicycles is expanding rapidly, with 30 programs and counting across North America, Europe, and Australia.
We are a growing team of urban aficionados, engineering wizards, transportation wonks, and cycling devotees. We place tremendous value on our Company's roots and culture: a mix of ingenuity, controlled chaos, hard work, and sense of purpose. All candidates should have the experience, competence, and enthusiasm to dive in headfirst and rapidly solve complex, exciting, and complicated problems. This job opportunity offers a unique chance to join a small team and make a big impact.
As a Product Design Engineer: you will work with our product team to build the on-street equipment that connects our bicycles to the urban landscape. This includes payment kiosks, illuminated signs, electric charging stations, and bicycle racks. Our infrastructure is a core piece of the transportation systems that we offer to cities - giving users an easy way to find, rent, and return bicycles, and helping cities feel that they have a modern, organized, and recognizable transit system. Key to our success is the rapid scalability that our system provides via low cost infrastructure, and this requires innovative engineering solutions and tight control of our design and manufacturing process. Equally critical is maintaining the systems we have already deployed to cities across the globe, and you will work with our clients and manufacturing teams to analyze, repair, and improve existing infrastructure product as problems arise.
- Work with our product team to take a wide variety of high-level infrastructure design specifications and develop them into manufacturable product solutions
- Work with our manufacturing partners to prototype, refine, and deliver products fit for lasting, industrial use at a reasonable cost.
- Prepare our infrastructure designs for testing and certification necessary for municipal regulations as well as product longevity - against, for example: water ingress, vandalism, corrosion, and wind loads.
- Assess deployed product performance, developing product fixes and improvements from that data.
The ideal candidate for this position has:
- A bachelor's & master's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Design
- 3+ years work history building products for an industrial outdoor environment
- Mastery of Solidworks design software
- Excellent attention to detail & an aptitude for delivering well-engineered products in a timely manner.
- A passion for improving the urban environment and building transportation systems of the future
- Unique perspectives, interests, and experiences that will make them an asset to our small team.
The ideal candidate has demonstrated experience in:
- Waterproof sheet metal enclosures
- Structural metal products
- Electrical wiring and charging systems
- Vandalism resistance and ruggedization
- Industrial coatings and finishes
- Cost reduction and quality management
Please apply with the following information:
- Resume / CV
- Work sample of 1-3 professional projects
- Work sample of 1-3 personal projects.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of SoBi to provide employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation.
SoBi strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Social Bicycles builds the next generation of urban mobility: bicycle sharing programs that are smarter, cheaper, and faster to deploy than traditional systems.
5 - 20M RaisedInvestors: OurCrowd
, Rose Tech Ventures
, SOS Ventures All Jobs: at Social Bicycles
|Headquarters:||Brooklyn, NY 11205|
|Industry:||Consumer Products and Services|
|Company Profile:||Social Bicycles builds the next generation of urban mobility: bicycle sharing programs that are smarter, cheaper, and faster to deploy than traditional systems. Instead of using 'smart racks', Social Bicycles builds 'smart bicycles' with on-board GPS and GSM connectivity, integrated electromechanical locking mechanisms, and dedicated solar and dynamo power sources. Putting these technologies onto the bicycle itself creates a system that is less expensive, more scalable, and more flexible. We design and tightly control every aspect of the system in-house: the industrial design of the bicycle, the electrical engineering of the bicycle's hardware technology package, and the software engineering of our web and mobile apps. Social Bicycles has over 20 contracted bicycle sharing programs around North America and is expanding quickly.
We are currently a small and growing team of urban aficionados, cycling devotees, and engineering masterminds. We place tremendous value on our Company's roots and culture: a precisely refined mix of controlled chaos and sense of purpose. All candidates should have the experience, competence, and enthusiasm to dive in headfirst and rapidly solve complex, exciting, and interconnected problems. We feel we offer a unique opportunity to join a small team, have flexible hours, and make a big impact.|
Support Social Bicycles with Social Media services