Product Designer SailThru
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Take hold of the design direction at one of the fastest growing New York startups, as a lead member of Sailthru?s core UX Team! This opportunity is a Product Designer?s dream playground.
Sailthru?s platform helps companies answer the questions that matter most:
Who are your users?
-> How are they using your product?
-> What can you do to improve your product and better engage your users?
We help businesses both figure out which questions matter, and then empower them to answer those crucial questions. At our core, we?re an analytics & communications company. Our platform helps companies build incredibly rich models of users? behaviors and interests. We then have tools that leverage that data to let them automatically personalize their communications & products based on each user?s context & behavior. We help make every point of contact between a company and its users as meaningful, personal, and valuable as it can be!
If you think about it, this is the core technology that most companies need, and we have the backend infrastructure to do it properly.
So, why is this such an exciting opportunity?
- Sailthru already powers very large eCommerce + publisher companies, and we?re growing like crazy. That means your work will have an impact on hundred of millions of users from the day you start.
- The product is currently undergoing a massive UX overhaul, and we are looking for a few talented designers and developers who are ready to make a huge impact!
- We?re building tools to ultimately help other product designers make better decisions about their products - which is awesome! Build the tools you wish you had.
- There is huge opportunity for improvement in the UX, and you will be part of defining the process of a new design culture.
- We have a clear vision of where we?re heading, and you?ll have an immediate impact on the product.
Here are a few things you can expect to do when you join:
You will immediately take ownership of and ha0ve significant impact on the branding, visual design and UX of the product. Each UX/Product designer takes lead on one or two projects at a time. You will be responsible for heading the research, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, and implementation strategy (along with dev) of each feature. We have a core team of amazing designers, and an incredibly talented engineering team that helps translate our designs into reality.
You will work on HARD problems - finding visualization and inventing UX paradigms for displaying insights from massive data sets.
You will design for multiple mediums, tablets, web, phone, etc.
You will simplify.
You will be respected as a key team member in the product design process, we value designers here immensely. You will make a very material difference!
You will create work that you will be proud of.
You will work in an awesome office (in an awesome location!), with very talented and fun people from different domains: top UX and front end developers, incredible back-end developers, and a very efficient marketing and sales team.
Here's what we expect you to know/love/have:
- Capable of designing for any medium (yes, including coffee mugs) and excited to join a company where that?s required. (Check out Frame www.useframe.com for a sample of what we?re doing on tablets).
- Have a solid understanding of design process, and are able to demonstrate how you?ve applied that process in the past in an articulate way.
- Sharp eye for design, aesthetics and layout.
- If you?ve designed, and shipped internet products, worked with a development team, and have iterated based on user?s feedback that is a big plus.
- Previous work in data visualizations is a plus.
||New York, NY |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED