Product Engineer - Infotainment Systems Tesla Motors
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Product Engineer â€" Infotainment Systems
Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
Tesla Motors is seeking a Palo Alto (CA) based Product Engineer with a focus on Infotainment Systems. This role is at a key connection point between our worldwide service centers and the development and production base in Silicon Valley, California. Your responsibility will be to keep our vehicles on the road through proactive analyses of the vehicle fleet and to reduce their time spent in service centers by your effective remote diagnostic work. You need to be able to efficiently work with large amounts of data in order to process information and make the correct conclusions in a timely manner. A strong technical background in diagnosing complex electromechanical systems with heavy software content and deployed in safety-critical applications is required. You will perform supporting activities for engineering and manufacturing to implement new vehicle firmware and hardware upgrades that improve vehicle and system performance. This engineer must be passionate about diagnostics, must be a strong critical thinker with great fluency understanding technical system-level architecture and issues.
- Debug systems and perform diagnostics on field failures both remotely - looking at data logged by the vehicle, and directly in the field.
- Provide technical support in order to minimize vehicle downtime, through day to day coverage of internationally distributed service cases.
- Coordinate with design teams to perform further root cause analysis with component owners where necessary.
- Recognize trends and patterns in field failures and feedback to the development team to drive short-term fixes and future improvements.
- Work with engineering and manufacturing teams to ensure new issues are fully investigated and that countermeasures are in place.
- Regular collaboration with worldwide service teams to ensure consistent and stable global service operations.
- Support technicians in the field with troubleshooting techniques and remote diagnosis.
- Some occasional travel to perform onsite root cause analysis and training is necessary.
- Availability for occasional off-hours calls and work.
- This role may require a shifted workweek.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
- Strong ability to work and communicate effectively with her/ his team and peers within the engineering organization.
- Strong ability to be self-directed and work independently, with strong organization and documentation skills.
- Exceptional capacity for managing simultaneous activities and challenges with outstanding attention to detail.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills and hands-on experience with hardware, tools, instruments, CAN or similar protocol analysis.
- Experience with complex automotive/ electromechanical systems, preferably electric vehicles or high voltage DC systems.
- Skilled with common workplace and database software (MS Word, Excel, Visio, Access, etc).Linux working experience a plus
- Able to read and interpret mechanical drawings and electrical schematics, experience with CAD systems such as CATIA a plus.
- Previous experience working as a development, diagnostics, or field support engineer.Prior exposure to testing any of the following technologies a plus: wireless systems (3G/4G, WiFi, Bluetooth, RF), USB, graphics/OpenGL, audio systems, power management, location/navigation software, and/or touchscreen devices.
- BS degree in CS, CE, EE or similar.
- Minimum 2+ years of software QA experience.
- Must be fluent in English (additional foreign languages a plus).
||Deer Creek, OK |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED