Product Engineer Tesla Motors
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
This role is at a key connection point between our worldwide service centers and the development and production base in Silicon Valley, California. Your responsibility will be to keep our vehicles on the road through proactive analyses of the vehicle feet and to reduce their time spent in service centers by your effective remote diagnostic work. You need to be able to efficiently work with large amounts of data in order to process information and make the correct conclusions in a timely manner. A strong technical background in diagnosing complex electromechanical systems with heavy software content and deployed in safety-critical applications is required. You will perform supporting activities for engineering and manufacturing to implement new vehicle firmware and hardware upgrades that improve vehicle and system performance. This engineer must be passionate about diagnostics, must be a strong critical thinker with great fluency understanding technical system-level architecture and issues.
Tesla is looking for people with a depth of knowledge in the following subject matter areas. Please let your recruiter know if you have design, development, testing, or failure analysis experience in the following areas:
1) Embedded electronics or complex electromechanical systems
2) Power Electronics
3) High Voltage batteries or stationary storage applications
4) Electric vehicle charging systems
5) V2G: Vehicle-to-Grid technologies
6) NVH: Noise Vibration and Harshness
7) Automotive HVAC systems, ideally electrical rather than mechanically driven systems
8) Adaptive cruise control, lane assist, parking assist
- Debug systems and perform diagnostics on field failures both remotely - looking at data logged by the vehicle, and directly in the field.
- Coordinate with design teams to perform further root cause analysis by component owners where necessary.
- Recognize trends and patterns in field failures and feedback to the development team to drive future designs.
- Provide technical support in order to minimize vehicle downtime, through day to day coverage of internationally distributed service cases.
- Work with engineering and manufacturing teams to ensure new issues are fully investigated and that countermeasures are in place.
- Regular collaboration with worldwide service teams to ensure consistent and stable global service operations.
- Support technicians in the field with troubleshooting techniques and remote diagnosis.
- Some occasional travel to perform onsite root cause analysis and training is necessary.
- Availability for occasional off-hours calls and work.
- This role may require a shifted workweek.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
- Strong ability to work and communicate effectively with her/ his team and peers within the engineering organization.
- Strong ability to be self-directed and work independently, with strong organization and documentation skills.
- Exceptional capacity for managing simultaneous activities and challenges.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills and hands-on experience with hardware, tools, instruments, CAN or similar protocol analysis.
- Skilled with common workplace and database software (MS Word, Excel, Visio, Access, etc).
- Able to read and interpret mechanical drawings and electrical schematics, experience with CAD systems such as CATIA a plus.
- Experience with manufacturing, quality and design improvement methods (six sigma, 8D, FMEA etc). Automotive related a plus.
- Working knowledge in computer science (PERL, SQL, python, C++, MATLAB) and mechatronic fields.
- Experience with environmental and safety requirements a plus.
- BS degree in ME, EE, CS, Mechatronics or similar.
- Minimum 2+ years' experience as development, diagnostics or field support engineer.
- Must be fluent in English (additional foreign languages a plus).
||Deer Creek, OK |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED