Tesla Motors is committed to hiring and developing the top engineers in any given discipline. Our world-class engineering teams operate with a non-conventional automotive product development philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure and technical contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and be challenged, to create, to innovate. These jobs are not for everyone.
- You must have a genuine passion for engineering electric vehicles. Without passion, you would find what we're trying to do too difficult. There are much easier jobs.
- You must want to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company.
- We are building real products -- not presentations. This must excite you. You must be a builder.
The Product Lifecycle Coordinator is an integral part of the Powertrain Engineering and Program Management organization and will be responsible for executing a broad range of implementation activities surrounding Bill of Material creation, management, and procurement. Functions will include part and BOM creation, change management, determination and communication of effectivity dates, and the coordination/execution of material planning, procurement, and tracking for engineering prototyping activities.
- Interface with Engineering, Supply Chain, Program Management, and other supporting functions to accurately structure new products and process changes.
- Drive timely part setup, BOM releases, BOM changes to support both new product introduction as well as sustained businesses according to program plans.
- Provide clear input to the project team on schedule, issues, and deliverables related to master data management.
- Communicate Engineering BoM requirements between Supply Chain and Production to facilitate material planning, order fulfillment and execution.
- Insure data integrity between systems (PLM, ERP, MES, etcâ€¦) throughout the change cycle
- Coordinate the implementation of new product BOMs and subsequent material changes to ensure the right parts are in the right place at the right time for prototype builds and production effectivity.
- Assist with purchasing engineering material, in cooperation with Supply Chain to support aggressive prototype schedules and other urgent requirements.
- Manage engineering inventory for prototyping activities.
- Communicate material, delivery, documentation, and invoicing requirements. Closely manage suppliers to provide accurate delivery dates. Schedule, prioritize and expedite orders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years progressive experience in creating and managing bills of material in engineering and production environments, including ECO processing.
- Experience in purchasing activities and material tracking in an engineering environment.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills working in enterprise planning software applications such as SAP or comparable ERP environments.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills working in product lifecycle management applications such as Enovia Matrix 1, or comparable PLM environments.
- Detail oriented with strong record-keeping and organizational skills.
- Skills with common workplace software (word processor, spreadsheet, etc) with the ability to create and maintain metrics.
- Ability to work cross functionally between engineering, production, and supply chain personnel.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|