Product Line Manager PCH International
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Role Overview
We are seeking an experienced Product Line Manager to help build out an exciting and innovative mix of products that will help make our store the go to destination for early adopter technology enthusiasts. We are a team of energetic individuals with a shared passion to build the coolest hardware ecommerce brand on the globe. We want to add a like-minded experienced product line manager to our small team to be the driving force charged with populating our ecommerce store with the coolest technology products from around the globe.
Our parent company, PCH International, is a global force to be reckoned with in the hardware ecosystem and our ecommerce team will work collaboratively with the rest of the group to drive further sales and tap into new opportunities.
- Be accountable for driving the business by building out a portfolio of profitable, market right and consumer right products.
- Owning the product roadmap outline and manage the product strategy including product identification, product investigation, product mix, product selection, product pricing, launch scheduling and on-going product flow.
- Assist in helping to define and clarify the product strategy for the store and advise on on-going refinements based on the sector trends and movements.
- Create the MRD (Marketing Requirements Document) for each product.
- Create product information tools, product tech sheets, SKU information, feature and benefit copy that can be used by Marketing, Ecommerce and Customer Care to inform opinion and ensure that the products are properly represented in the store.
- Help identify possible opportunities that may have commercial potential and where the product owners are struggling to get the product developed. Projects can be passed to our product development partner for evaluation to see if they are a suitable to be manufactured by us.
- Be the expert on your core consumer. Know how they shop, where they shop, where they find it, how they wear it, and the overall competitive market landscape.
- Own the business statistics such as sales history, market trends, product mix and price points, competition and apply this information during the product selection stage to help build the store into the must go to destination on the web for gadget enthusiasts.
- Negotiate with vendors to secure the best terms and conditions including exclusivity periods, limited edition runs, pricing terms or anything else that may give us a first mover advantage.
- Degree specializing in Engineering, Marketing or Business.
- 10+ years of product building/merchandising/marketing experience in the technology hardware sector.
- Must exhibit a proactive and passionate approach to understanding and seeking out fresh and innovative consumer technology hardware products.
- Passion for the consumer electronics sector and a passionate early adopter.
- A self-starter who brings a level of passion, enthusiasm, and focus to their day to day business and who can collaborate with numerous partners while possessing a "can do" entrepreneurial attitude.
PCH Work Style, Personal Attributes & Attitudes
PCH work environment is relationship based and staff members need to be able to work effectively within a number of differently structured teams. This position needs to be both a team and individual contributor.
Strong verbal & written English communication, negotiating skills are paramount, as is a driven and positive 'can do' attitude. Articulate and succinct communication is highly valued, as well as a strong customer service focus. Client relationship skills are required to be successful in this role.
A solid skill base is needed to hit the ground running, and commercial acumen focusing on long-term outcomes and the financial implications of the actions expected.
Strategic thought processes are vital in processing and analyzing data in order to reach key points, and the ability to think in the 'bigger picture' is an advantage.
The ability to best solve a problem quickly and effectively using networks is also a must, along with the ability to maintain a positive attitude in a fast paced environment.
The typical PCH work style would be relationship oriented where support for others in achieving goals is a key consideration. Looking above the obvious to achieve broader based solutions using initiative is standard, and a flexible approach to problem solving utilizing various resources is required.
The ability to think on your feet and effectively deal with stress in a supportive environment is also considered necessary. An aptitude to want to learn is important and results driven individual with a pleasant demeanor are vital attributes.
||San Francisco, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED