PRODUCT MANAGEMENT: Associate Product Manager Workday, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Associate Product Manager (APM)
Does driving a productâs design and requirements intrigue you? Do you have a technical background and want to transition into product management?
As an Associate Product Manager, you will help define the product strategy and roadmap, work with customers to understand their needs, interact with engineers to bring the product to life, and learn how to become an effective Product Manager.
Your experience as an Associate Product Manager will include:
- Initial training with a customer-facing consulting project and on-demand/instructor-led courses.
- Dedicated career mentor as well as numerous informal coaching opportunities.
- Exposure to core technology areas such as: Business Intelligence, Advanced Analytics, Mobile, Collaboration, Business Process, Integration, SaaS Infrastructure, In-Memory Object Model, Security and Global.
- Work with teams in Dublin, Ireland, and Munich, Germany, with opportunities for international travel and overseas assignments.
- Opportunity to experience all aspects of software product management.
- Interaction with Workday executives on a regular basis.
- Exposure to both product strategy and product execution.
- Work in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Understand customer needs to define requirements. Prepare and conduct customer interviews, contextual inquiries, focus groups and design workshops.
- Define product roadmap and priorities.
- Work with engineers and designers to create products.
- Communicate across product teams to deliver functionality to customers.
- Ability to collaborate with diverse groups such as customers, developers, consultants and sales personnel.
- Ability to learn new concepts and technologies quickly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills including, but not limited to, task prioritization and effective time management.
- Excellent analytical skills demonstrating good judgment and problem-solving ability.
- A team player with the ability to work independently, with general direction and guidance.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical major.
- Business Intelligence. Workday provides real-time, actionable business insight throughout the application. Workday Actionable Analytics are unlike existing bolt-on reporting and business intelligence systems which are difficult to implement, costly to own, resource intensive to maintain and complicated to use.
- Advanced Analytics. Workday is bringing advanced analytics to customers to allow them to derive more value from their data. Internally, Workday employs technologies like Hadoop to analyze terabytes of application data in order to better understand usage and performance and improve the Workday system.
- Mobile. As the workforce around the world becomes more mobile, enterprises are enabling their workers to stay informed and connected while on the go. Workday is re-imagining user experiences to take advantage of new smart phone and tablet interactions and form factors.
- Collaboration. Workday ties rich consumer web interactions with core business processes, people, and data. This enables companies to collaborate effectively in a contextual, engaging, and secure way.
- Business Process. Workday's Business Process Framework offers a complete set of tools for configuring, managing, monitoring, and optimizing business processes that organizations rely on to manage their business.
- Integration. Workday is committed to easing the burden of integration with the Workday Integration Cloud, a comprehensive solution that enables customers and partners to build and deploy integrations to the Workday Cloud without the need for any on-premise middleware.
- SaaS Infrastructure. Software as a Service is a software delivery model that allows companies to reap the benefits of enterprise class software without the burden of supporting traditional ERP solutions. With Workday, customers appreciate several key advantages from the SaaS delivery model: multi-tenancy, vendor managed updates, and business continuity.
- In-Memory Object Model. Our applications use objects to represent real-world entities such as employees, benefits, invoices, charts of accounts, and organizations. Using objects to model attributes and relationships is more robust and adaptable to change. Our solution combines business logic and data in an in-memory object model, as opposed to legacy systems that separate business logic from data mapped to a rigid and complex relational database structure.
- Security. Workday is a trusted partner for large enterprises wanting to take advantage of the many benefits of SaaS. From the physical security of our data center operations to network and application level-security to ensuring the safeguard of sensitive data, Workday's infrastructure, policies and procedures are world class.
- Global. Workday's unique global architecture helps increase visibility into global organizations, align work to strategic objectives, and optimize talent deployment around the world. Workday also provides a basis of global best practices and supports local organizational requirements.Â
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Workday experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our Development "Show and Tell" happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a work day.
> 50M RaisedInvestors: Greylock Partners
, NEA All Jobs: at Workday, Inc.
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Support Workday, Inc. with Social Media services